Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tax !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by gasguzzler View Post
    Why do we pay the tax amount of the province it’s being shipped to when you ship a parcel thru Canada post? And not your provinces tax
    Cause that is what the law says. The buyer is in the province and the goods are given to the buyer in that province. The transaction occurs in that province so you pay the taxes applicable there. Not saying it makes sense but that is what all provinces and the cra have agreed to. You cannot escape the tax man

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical72 View Post
    Also from the bc govt website.

"Am I required to charge PST to tourists and other customers that live outside B.C.?
    Yes, you must charge PST on all taxable goods and services you sell in B.C., unless a specific exemption applies. There are no general exemptions that apply if you sell goods or services in B.C. to customers that live outside B.C. (e.g. tourists). However, you generally do not charge PST if you arrange for the goods to be shipped or delivered to a location outside B.C"
    But you are going to have to collect the taxes for the province you ship to and remit them to that province

Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    But you are going to have to collect the taxes for the province you ship to and remit them to that province
    That's the entire quote and it doesn't say you have to collect the destination province tax. If that's the case they don't make it obvious.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical72 View Post
    That's the entire quote and it doesn't say you have to collect the destination province tax. If that's the case they don't make it obvious.
    Bc will not tell you. You have to go to the tax law of the province you ship to. So bc will not tell you to collect Ontario Hst. The cra handles the hst so they will make a business get an Hst number and pay Hst if they are selling and shipping to an hst province. Just like bc law says you have to collect for them if you are from another province shipping to bc. There is no law in Ontario saying a business must collect the bc pst. The law is in bc that an Ontario business must register , collect and remit the bc pst if selling and shipping in bc

Here is an example from the cra website
    For example, your store in Vancouver, B.C. delivers a mattress to your customer in Toronto, Ontario. You charge 13% HST on the sale because the place of supply is Ontario.
    Last edited by Komodo; 12-11-2021 at 07:23 PM.

When spending thousands of dollars, I buy from company that does not charge me the 7% PST. Saves me hundreds sometimes.
    BCWF
    CCFR
    CSSA

Public hanging need to be brought back, starting with the biggest criminals in this country, the politicians..

i will not get anything from dealers that charge my province taxes, the point of me buying out of province is to safe money so if i have to pay my province taxes i will buy local

Quote Originally Posted by stripperclipper View Post
    Pay your taxes you ingrates.
    Thousands of people are sitting at home depending on you.
    Don't make them get a job.
    That is not their way.
    Lol this wins for best comment 🤣 this is a real first world problem.

https://www.taxtips.ca/pst/outofprovincesellers.htm

For BC it would seem that an out of province business does not need to collect pst if they do not solicit sales in BC

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Poffels View Post
    https://www.taxtips.ca/pst/outofprovincesellers.htm

For BC it would seem that an out of province business does not need to collect pst if they do not solicit sales in BC
    It would be good if someone working at this store were to take note.

Someone else already raised it on a Google Review.

Should be a simple fix.

I have never paid PST when ordering online out of province. only if the store has a store / warehouse ect in BC.

back when BC briefly had HST then I think stores needed too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast