Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iRay Thermal Dealers - Cold Harbour Supply

Would you consider offering the SCH50 or Rico? Considering the $$$ of these things might as well get something that doesn't need to be upgraded in the future.

Business Member Cold Harbour Supply's Avatar
    Yup, we can order in pretty much anything from iRay's lineup. The thermal market is so limited in Canada that we honestly don't know what people want. We have an SCT35 V2 coming in for us to mess around with along with a ZH38 dual-zoom monocular.

The Rico line consists of several devices the RH35, RH50 and the RL42, each with its own application. Which one were you interested in?

Please PM or email us for pricing and availability. Most items can be brought in in about 3-4 weeks.
    COLD HARBOUR SUPPLY INC.
    High-End Night Vision Retailer

Authorized Photonis, Act in Black, iRay, Nocturn Industries, Holosun dealer
    12-month warranty on all complete night vision devices
    Assembled in and ships from Toronto, Canada

www.coldharboursupply.com

E-Mail: admin@coldharboursupply.com
    Instagram | Facebook

https://www.instagram.com/p/CftIswuJVWN/?hl=en

Infiray has a new Fusion Bino.

Yup.
    We have been testing and evaluating it.

COLD HARBOUR SUPPLY INC.

Instagram | Facebook

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Harbour Supply View Post
    The thermal market is so limited in Canada that we honestly don't know what people want.
    I've always wanted (and still want) one of these thermal devices. IMo, seems like a must have, but it keeps getting passed over on my 'prep stuff to buy' list. Same as a generator, actually. The generator I want to buy I can't find (Honda 3k W); and the generators available (Generac, Champion et al.) all seem to be Chineseum crap that won't work when I actually need it to.

Some thoughts, from an interested/ignorant/average consumer:

-The disparity in pricing between various units ($3k all the way past $15k) has me feeling that anything I can afford or am willing to pay, is on the straight junk end of the spectrum.
    -All the specs and features are very technical in nature, and I can't relate to or make sense of them. All I want to know is: if I drop it will it break, and if I leave it sitting on a shelf for 5 years, will it still turn on and actually work.
    -There's a generally understood inverse relationship between a thing's reliability, and the number of features it has. Does more features (zoom, recording ect) mean more poopoo?
    -I'm pretty typical blue collar. 3 grand is about the upper spending limit for any offhand purchase. That's a new fridge for the wife, or a dirtbike for the kid, or a decent generator for the next power outage.

I want a non or low magnification thermal monocular to use for:

-farm pest and predator control (coons, black bears, coyotes and such). Doesn't need to be fancy, just needs to reliably pick up a heat blob within 200 yards.
    -scoping the property line and forest edge for wandering hippies... and marauders in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
    -smoking the kids at nighttime hide-n-seek.

I think the biggest barrier to purchase, is due to wondering why they aren't more popular already. ie. why doesn't everyone have one of these by now? Lot of fence-sitters on these, I think. We're all close, but just not committed.

Just thinking out loud here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    I've always wanted (and still want) one of these thermal devices. IMo, seems like a must have, but it keeps getting passed over on my 'prep stuff to buy' list. Same as a generator, actually. The generator I want to buy I can't find (Honda 3k W); and the generators available (Generac, Champion et al.) all seem to be Chineseum crap that won't work when I actually need it to.

-The disparity in pricing between various units ($3k all the way past $15k) has me feeling that anything I can afford or am willing to pay, is on the straight junk end of the spectrum.
    -All the specs and features are very technical in nature, and I can't relate to or make sense of them. All I want to know is: if I drop it will it break, and if I leave it sitting on a shelf for 5 years, will it still turn on and actually work.
    -There's a generally understood inverse relationship between a thing's reliability, and the number of features it has. Does more features (zoom, recording ect) mean more poopoo?
    -I'm pretty typical blue collar. 3 grand is about the upper spending limit for any offhand purchase. That's a new fridge for the wife, or a dirtbike for the kid, or a decent generator for the next power outage.

-farm pest and predator control (coons, black bears, coyotes and such). Doesn't need to be fancy, just needs to reliably pick up a heat blob within 200 yards.
    -scoping the property line and forest edge for wandering hippies... and marauders in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

I think the biggest barrier to purchase, is due to wondering why they aren't more popular already. ie. why doesn't everyone have one of these by now? Lot of fence-sitters on these, I think. We're all close, but just not committed.

I’m selling my IRay 3k ish thermal (scope/Monocular) I bought from Cold harbour simply because I’m going with a bino setup due to uses. I can tell you 3k thermal vs 20k thermal is the difference between a BMW and a armour plated Hummvee, both will do for picking up the groceries…

With the 3k setup my wife can stand on our deck and 50y away tell me which horse is which in our pasture of 12 horses. I’ve spotted a coyote 350y away. Ran 150y, snuck another 100y and took the shot with my 35cal pellet gun no problem. Easily tell the difference between a dog and a yote.

There is junk on the market but what cold harbour sells is not that.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

I have an mh25 and the quality of the unit seems excellent. I can easily see humans walking through trees at like 300 yards. I believe they're rated for detection out to 1km. There's many videos on YouTube of them. The quality of the thermal image is insane. I wish the screen was a tad larger but it works fine. I run it in conjunction with a pvs 14 on a bridge and I am able to overlay the images pretty decently. Thermal is an absolute game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post

Thanks for the detailed write-up!
    As some others have chimed in, models like the MH25 are quite popular as it checks off a lot of boxes. Understandably if it's out of your budget (or if you simply don't care for helmet-mountability + other features) you could look into the Eye series of handheld monoculars.
    https://www.infiray.ca/handhelds

We normally get requests in for the E6 Pro V3 as its Infiray's top-end model but can easily look into pricing for the other models further down.
    https://coldharboursupply.com/produc...iray-e6-pro-v3

Based on the description of your requirements I can recommend the E6+ V3 (not to be mistaken with the Pro - sorry I don't make these model numbers up)

Please send us an email and we can explore more options. Happy to jump on a call also to elaborate on the tech specs, etc and get some more details on your application.

Typically as you go up in price, things like core resolution increases (higher resolution cores mean clearer images, more freedom to zoom in), native magnification increases and detection range increases. You also get more accoutrements like mobile app control via Wifi, onboard photo and video recording, more durable and rugged housings, etc. But sub 200 yards is no problem for even the entry-level devices in Infiray's lineup. Regarding durability, at the end of the day these are essentially digital cameras so while some models are more rugged than others, a level of care should be exercised. Simple drops are fine, but harder, taller drops onto hard surfaces may pose an issue.
    Last edited by Cold Harbour Supply; 08-11-2022 at 12:54 PM.
    COLD HARBOUR SUPPLY INC.

Instagram | Facebook

CGN Regular
    Kind of a novice here with thermals too. I'm trying to figure out if for example I'm using a helmet mounted MH2, can I still use my weapon sight with it? Red dot, holographic or scope, etc

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast