Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ruger releases first Marlin model 1895 SBL

I’m hoping they will make a 336 in 30-30 that looks the same as this 45-70

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grain View Post
    I was expecting to see Ruger's name on the new rifles somewhere, interesting it is not. Also interesting they are maintaining a separate website for Marlin. Really good looking rifle, I like the "New Improvements".
    Would have been good marketing to do the second batch in 450marlin.. a little salt in your eye

Quote Originally Posted by Big bore dinosaur View Post
    Would have been good marketing to do the second batch in 450marlin.. a little salt in your eye
    450 Marlin was an awesome caliber, unfortunately it did not take off.

Ammunition seems to be non existent in Canada.

I would be pleasantly shocked if they bring back the 450!......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by KaneZoR View Post
    MSRP looks to be $1699 from retailers posting
    I actually seen even a little higher MSRP speculation in the $1800 range? Even at $1699 I wish them well and success though, jacking the price double since 2018 ( I bought a Remlin in 2018 for $899) just for building the same rifle to original proper specifications hmm!
    Last edited by Bigmedcin; 08-14-2022 at 03:36 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmedcin View Post
    I actually seen even a little higher MSRP speculation in the $1800 range? Even at $1699 I wish them well and success though, jacking the price double since 2018 ( I bought a Remlin in 2018 for $899) just for building the same rifle to original proper specifications hmm!
    Lol the SBL was never under $1,199 and was 1,399 the last year they were made??? They are now $1699…. I will also say I’ve seen these in the US with the fit and finish now I wouldn’t sell mine arriving this week for under 4K and if I didn’t have 2 coming in current shipments I’d easily pay 3k for these…

You are probably talking about an ABL those were $899 now t the same thing.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Milton Ontario Canada / Cottonwood Arizona
    They are abundant here in the US but the expected MSRP for Canada is a lot lower than you will be paying if you want one, The one that IRG listed at 1899.00 us = 2425.00 cdn+ give or take with the flocculating exchange rate. so around 2500.00 is what you may pay
    in the future unless Ruger lowers, the dealer cost. They are a very nice rifle with no imperfections that i have seen from past models.
    If you get the chance to buy one you will love it and it is money well spent from the best Ruger has to offer.
    Last edited by old-zedar; 08-14-2022 at 04:16 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Lol the SBL was never under $1,199 and was 1,399 the last year they were made??? They are now $1699…. I will also say I’ve seen these in the US with the fit and finish now I wouldn’t sell mine arriving this week for under 4K and if I didn’t have 2 coming in current shipments I’d easily pay 3k for these…

I bought my GBL for $800 the summer of 2019, SBL's were going for $1,300 at the same time.

Crazy how high prices have jumped in only a few years.
    .338 is where the fun starts.

I was lucky enough to see two of these new Ruger/Marlin SBL 45-70 rifles.

As a former Marlin owner of years gone by, I can tell you this new Marlin SBL manufactured by Ruger is astonishingly beautiful. The new slimed down for-end is perfect, fit & finish is flawless, the fibre optic front sight is bright and the smoothness of the cycling feels like it was worked over for cowboy shooting.

All the sharp edges have been chamfered and smoothed out. Everything about this new model is perfect.

Better than any JM Marlin I have seen in my lifetime and better than the Remington/Marlin models that were good ones.

One of the earlier posts stating these new Marlins made by Ruger could bring big money, is an accurate one.

We will see these new in box on the EE for $3000.00 - $4000.00 guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post

lol, 4k! must really love these new rifles ! I bet they will be very nice when they arrive!

Ruger made Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 | GUNPOST

And so it begins!

https://www.###########/firearms/rif...1895-sbl-45-70

Sorry, link no worky.

Anyway, new Ruger/Marlin in box, $3000.00 like I predicted.
    Last edited by Thunderhog; 08-18-2022 at 11:29 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast