Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: All New Ruger Manufactured Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Coming Soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Haven't found anything really running it through the ropes yet. Here's a better question, as I misread the original post and thought these were a new item.

Here's a better question -

For those who have one of these, how does it hold up to the JM? Better or worse? I have a JM 1895 but if the quality is even better, I may be convinced :D
    It’s the same rifle. Remington bought the equipment and patents from Marlin which Ruger acquired from them in the sale.

Only difference would be if the fit and finish changes because of poor quality control (like the early Remington rifles did because all the employees were either new and inexperienced or former Marlin employees and potentially disgruntled).

I owned one of the late Remington rifles (after 2018) and IMO they were as good or better in quality than the JM stamped rifles.

Ruger has made quality control their top priority thus, if true, they would also be as good or better in quality than the JM stamped rifles. Obviously we will find out for ourselves when they arrive later this year.
    Last edited by LeadMonkey; 04-02-2022 at 06:10 PM.
    Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet

I can't wait to snag one of those rifles off of you guys!

BANNED
    Hopefully Marlin is back to the quality that was found in their JM stamped rifles.

CGN Regular
    Looking forward to marlin 1894s and 336s made by Ruger. Ruger has always made great reliable and very durable products.
    YEA BABY!

I thought everyone was mad at ruger like 2 seconds ago..
    Guess people forgot about whatever the boycot cuffuffle was.

glad to see they still have fans and a decent new product, but I agree.. the big loops are stupid, they slow you down and hurt your hand for no reason.. I wish that trend would go away.

Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    I thought everyone was mad at ruger like 2 seconds ago..
    Guess people forgot about whatever the boycot cuffuffle was.

glad to see they still have fans and a decent new product, but I agree.. the big loops are stupid, they slow you down and hurt your hand for no reason.. I wish that trend would go away.
    Well it’s not for no reason, it’s because it is cold on the hands hunting the elusive Sasquatch in the dead of winter and one needs gloves to keep warm which also provide padding for the hands.

Have seen elegant summer solutions in the way of simple leather wraps that are tied onto the loops providing padding for your knuckles, braided 550 cord works also.

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 04-03-2022 at 01:49 AM.
    Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John in B.C. View Post
    I wish they would quit with the big loop! I rarely go shooting with big heavy gloves on! Is it possible to purchase a lever with a regular size lever?
    I carried a 336 as my saddle gun for many years and never had a problem with a regular sized loop on my lever.

John
    For close to 2 grand taxed and dellivered... they could throw both loops in the box....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    It’s the same rifle. Remington bought the equipment and patents from Marlin which Ruger acquired from them in the sale.

Only difference would be if the fit and finish changes because of poor quality control (like the early Remington rifles did because all the employees were either new and inexperienced or former Marlin employees and potentially disgruntled).

I owned one of the late Remington rifles (after 2018) and IMO they were as good or better in quality than the JM stamped rifles.

Ruger has made quality control their top priority thus, if true, they would also be as good or better in quality than the JM stamped rifles. Obviously we will find out for ourselves when they arrive later this year.
    These guns are already on the market, as stated earlier by others. My question was for those owning both JM and the new Ruger/Marlin's, not for hypotheticals

I've owned a late Remmy Marlin and it was no comparison to my JM. Perhaps you lucked out with a good gun.

Anywho, my question still stands for those who own/owned both.

I'm still wondering if the bits and pieces are interchangeable with JM and Remington made Marlins.

Super GunNutz
    Last edited by 100y; 05-08-2022 at 01:12 PM.