Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: All New Ruger Manufactured Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Coming Soon!!

Originally Posted by LeadMonkey

It’s the same rifle. Remington bought the equipment and patents from Marlin which Ruger acquired from them in the sale.

Only difference would be if the fit and finish changes because of poor quality control (like the early Remington rifles did because all the employees were either new and inexperienced or former Marlin employees and potentially disgruntled).

I owned one of the late Remington rifles (after 2018) and IMO they were as good or better in quality than the JM stamped rifles.

Ruger has made quality control their top priority thus, if true, they would also be as good or better in quality than the JM stamped rifles. Obviously we will find out for ourselves when they arrive later this year.
    I have owned a lot of JM - Marlin 1895's - 1894's over the years.

The last one's that I owned of the JM's where late production JM - Marlin 1895 Guide and a 1894 CB.

I was just not happy with the different configuration's of the 1895's until I bought an 1895 CB.

Old School, I guess!

My 1895 CB is a Remlin of January 2017 vintage and it has a far better fit and finish to it than the JM 1895 Guide that I previously owned.

I talked with a former JM Marlin employee and he said their machinery was worn and at the end of it's life, that was another problem when Remington took over production with the early Remlins.

I have 100% confidence that Ruger - Marlin will produce an excellent product, but my Remlin 1895 CB is a keeper!
    Last edited by cigar_man; 04-10-2022 at 07:04 AM.
    cigar_man (The Original)

CDN Forces (Army) 1985-90

www.garths.ca

I have a had a couple of later production Remlin 1894 and 1895 and echo thr opinionnof others, once they got those kinks worked out and their new machinery setup they were making great rifles.

One of my favorite guns in a 2018 production 1895 Trapper SBL, very well made and no issues at all, any improvements Ruger can make will be icing on the cake. I’m definitely looking to add a new Ruger SBL and whatever 1894 configurations they offer to my safe.

count me in!!

There is a great article on these rifles and the improvements Ruger has made in the May/June issue of "Rifle Shooter" magazine.
    A good read, check it out.
    The True North Strong And Free.
    God keep it that way, the politicians won't.

Milton Ontario Canada / Cottonwood Arizona
    Just bought one of the new Ruger/Marlin 1895's and it is smooth with no issues at all, only thing it needs is a M/Brake for the heavy loads other then that
    it has perfect fit on the wood to metal and all 10 of the new mods they made from the last Remington version look great.
    not a lot of them down hear for sale.

I'm waiting very impatiently for one of these!!! Any chance you can share with us how/where you purchased it? Any idea if there are more available in Canada?

Milton Ontario Canada / Cottonwood Arizona
    I am living in Arizona now so getting hard to find guns in the US is not a problem, i have seen five for sale in the last month so locale dealers
    have a good chance ordering them in for customers. I have bought and shipped some high end collector guns to Canada through I RUN GUNS
    so if someone is very serious about buying one or something else i can purchase anything as long as it is not prohib. status and ship is to Canada.
    I paid 1500.00 us = 1885.84 cdn + tax my handling fee is 100.00, the rest would be on I RUN GUNS shipping & handling around 225.00 + tax & shipping
    FYI the other five guns that sold were between 2250.00 us > 2750.00 us so my purchase was a good deal. in case you didn't know Guns, Ammo, Powder,
    Primers, is in good supply down here with the high demand in the US that is why very little is being exported north.
    Ray

Any idea when when might see these in the 30-30?

Quote Originally Posted by 100y View Post
    I bought a 336 new for 365.00$ at Canadian Tire in early 80's and they were sunbathing on the shelfs for a loooonnggg time!

Do I am going to run for a new 336 at 2k, abosolutely not!
    That is actually a long time ago……

$365.00 in 1982 for a 336 is pretty much the same value as the last Rem 336’s of 2019 when they were last made.
    Last edited by sask378; 04-09-2022 at 04:31 PM.
    CCFR member

$2750... WOW! Thanks for the info, Ray. Much appreciated.
    At least now I can move on and completely forget about ever owning a RM 45-70. :D