Mossberg Nightstick Warranty Issues

I have to put my 2cents in-
I am so sick & tired of buying a fire Arm from a dealer, then finding out it has to be sent to the friggen Moon to be fixed.
when you buy a new car from the dealer....it gets fixed at the dealers place, thay dont send in across the ocean to be repaired.

seems these gun manufactures build a bunch of 5hit, then pawn it off to the LGS and let them have the headache.
I am SOOOO impressed with Kodiac fireArms ,... Made in Kanada....fixed in Kanada. NO BS

How do you win ?
rant over

While you wait why not glue and clamp it? Use some tightbond 3 and clamp it for 48 hours. Once dry the wood will fail before the glue does. I use it for gluing on risers and tip overlays on my bows, it’s holds up to that perfectly and would hold on your application. In all honesty that could be fixed with half hours of work and waiting on glue to dry. Don’t let something so minor stop you from enjoying the thing. That last bit is sure a kick in the nuts, hope it all works out for ya

Hey, thanks for the reply! I will give that a try. Truthfully I initially thought about gluing it but I didn’t think it would be strong enough to hold up to use. Obviously the glue won’t look good aesthetically but if it holds up at least until I get a replacement part that’s good enough for me. Thanks!

I have to put my 2cents in-
I am so sick & tired of buying a fire Arm from a dealer, then finding out it has to be sent to the friggen Moon to be fixed.
when you buy a new car from the dealer....it gets fixed at the dealers place, thay dont send in across the ocean to be repaired.

seems these gun manufactures build a bunch of 5hit, then pawn it off to the LGS and let them have the headache.
I am SOOOO impressed with Kodiac fireArms ,... Made in Kannada....fixed in Kanada. NO BS

How do you win ?
rant over

Absolutely! Very frustrating to say the least! Imagine waiting a year for a warranty on a new vehicle with no response from the manufacturer. The general public would not put up with that, however it seems to be regular business practice for gun manufacturers. Another reason to buy Canadian made as you suggested!

I had a Mossberg issue parallel to yours. Took forever, no response, and eventually I received one part 10 months later and the other part they sent was the wrong part for a different model (their mistake).

It was not Wolverine, but a different warranty Center.

I found the best solution is that I’ll never buy another Mossberg. I know other guys have great experiences with Mossberg and bad experiences with the other brands, but I just make it my personal policy to avoid repeating business with those who have proven to fail me.

I hope your matter gets resolved better than mine did, which I eventually managed to fix myself. Hopefully you can buy the part from Brownells like I did, if Mossberg won’t give one to your warranty Center.

You might want to try Grech Outdoors here in Ontario, they do warranty work for Mossberg. I brought in a Mossberg and a Henry rifle in to them for warranty - one was fixed on the spot, the other within a few days.

OP, sorry to hear about your problem. It sucks but sometimes less than perfect things slip through and the warranty should correct it in a much more timely manner but warranty for firearms in Canada can be frustrating to say the least.
I waited over a year to get a part for a shotgun through Stoeger. Covid closures and factory delays, part out of stock, finally after many months it was in stock but then got sent the wrong part, reordered only to find the correct part is now out of stock...as I said, frustrating.

I had an issue with my front sight falling off my brand new 940JMPro. Rather then crying and making someone else deal with my issue. I emailed the support / warranty email on Mossberg website. And guess what happens. 2 weeks later new sights show up in the mail... Wow who would have thought.
Try service@mossberg.com
You could have spent 2 minutes writing an email to them vs post this. But I assume you're waiting for someone to tell you how terrible this is to make yourself feel better.

So Mr unhappy gun owner, put your pull ups on and deal with Mossberg directly.

Update 12/22/2021:

Reached out to Mossberg directly today and was told that they are already aware of my warranty claim and if I have any issues to contact Wolverine supplies directly as they are the warranty centre.

I was then emailed a second email by Mossberg and told that my issue has been marked as “resolved” and they asked me to fill out a survey rating my satisfaction with mossberg’s customer service… *facepalm*

Still no ETA on replacement part

That’s pretty damn terrible service from mossberg.

I have a 590 nightstick and so far no issue and after reading your experience I hope to never have any problems and have to deal with them.

This seems pretty common for firearm warranty work in Canada. I had to send my 10/22 takedown in for warranty services (can't remember where I sent it to), and it took about 6 months to get it back, I ended up buying myself a Savage MkII to plink with in the meantime, but in general it seems to take a really long time to get warranty work done here regardless of who manufactured your gun.

Update 12/22/2021:

Reached out to Mossberg directly today and was told that they are already aware of my warranty claim and if I have any issues to contact Wolverine supplies directly as they are the warranty centre.

I was then emailed a second email by Mossberg and told that my issue has been marked as “resolved” and they asked me to fill out a survey rating my satisfaction with mossberg’s customer service… *facepalm*

Still no ETA on replacement part

BRUTAL failure in Customer Warranty chain....

Stores also sometimes sell damaged product though.

The OP says in the post that it was not bought from Wolverine, hence the question on why it was posted in Wolverine's own business forum. Especially when the title is 'Mossberg Nightstick Warranty Issues' for the thread. Makes it seems like it was Wolverine Supplies fault when it was not to anyone who does not read the post.

Also to the OP, sucks for the trouble man and I can relate. Had a Keltec KSG away for fourteen months and played the 'It'll be fixed in two weeks' game for the duration of that time. It seems it's more hassle than it's worth for American companies to deal with warranty for us Snow Mexicans.

The OP says in the post that it was not bought from Wolverine, hence the question on why it was posted in Wolverine's own business forum. Especially when the title is 'Mossberg Nightstick Warranty Issues' for the thread. Makes it seems like it was Wolverine Supplies fault when it was not to anyone who does not read the post.

Also to the OP, sucks for the trouble man and I can relate. Had a Keltec KSG away for fourteen months and played the 'It'll be fixed in two weeks' game for the duration of that time. It seems it's more hassle than it's worth for American companies to deal with warranty for us Snow Mexicans.

Hilarious “snow Mexicans” LOL. Actually not much snow for us yet this year…!

Mossberg is such a nightmare. I've bought two 590A1s and they both had QC issues. Don't get me wrong, their design is great, but the execution is is sh!tshow.

Back
Top Bottom