Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg Nightstick Warranty Issues

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pygmalion2020 View Post
    Thanks for your contribution, can you show me in OP's post where it says the firearms was carefully inspected before the first firing? Oh you can't? I guess you are just being a troll to kill the hours eh?
    He didn't say he bought it from Wolve rofl.

Reading is hard.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    I have to put my 2cents in-
    I am so sick & tired of buying a fire Arm from a dealer, then finding out it has to be sent to the friggen Moon to be fixed.
    when you buy a new car from the dealer....it gets fixed at the dealers place, thay dont send in across the ocean to be repaired.

seems these gun manufactures build a bunch of 5hit, then pawn it off to the LGS and let them have the headache.
    I am SOOOO impressed with Kodiac fireArms ,... Made in Kanada....fixed in Kanada. NO BS

How do you win ?
    rant over
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

Quote Originally Posted by RRH.01 View Post
    While you wait why not glue and clamp it? Use some tightbond 3 and clamp it for 48 hours. Once dry the wood will fail before the glue does. I use it for gluing on risers and tip overlays on my bows, it’s holds up to that perfectly and would hold on your application. In all honesty that could be fixed with half hours of work and waiting on glue to dry. Don’t let something so minor stop you from enjoying the thing. That last bit is sure a kick in the nuts, hope it all works out for ya
    Hey, thanks for the reply! I will give that a try. Truthfully I initially thought about gluing it but I didn’t think it would be strong enough to hold up to use. Obviously the glue won’t look good aesthetically but if it holds up at least until I get a replacement part that’s good enough for me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lone ranger View Post
    I have to put my 2cents in-
    I am so sick & tired of buying a fire Arm from a dealer, then finding out it has to be sent to the friggen Moon to be fixed.
    when you buy a new car from the dealer....it gets fixed at the dealers place, thay dont send in across the ocean to be repaired.

seems these gun manufactures build a bunch of 5hit, then pawn it off to the LGS and let them have the headache.
    I am SOOOO impressed with Kodiac fireArms ,... Made in Kannada....fixed in Kanada. NO BS

How do you win ?
    rant over
    Absolutely! Very frustrating to say the least! Imagine waiting a year for a warranty on a new vehicle with no response from the manufacturer. The general public would not put up with that, however it seems to be regular business practice for gun manufacturers. Another reason to buy Canadian made as you suggested!

CGN Regular
    I had a Mossberg issue parallel to yours. Took forever, no response, and eventually I received one part 10 months later and the other part they sent was the wrong part for a different model (their mistake).

It was not Wolverine, but a different warranty Center.

I found the best solution is that I’ll never buy another Mossberg. I know other guys have great experiences with Mossberg and bad experiences with the other brands, but I just make it my personal policy to avoid repeating business with those who have proven to fail me.

I hope your matter gets resolved better than mine did, which I eventually managed to fix myself. Hopefully you can buy the part from Brownells like I did, if Mossberg won’t give one to your warranty Center.

Once glued and clamped wipe the glue off the outside with a damp rag.

You might want to try Grech Outdoors here in Ontario, they do warranty work for Mossberg. I brought in a Mossberg and a Henry rifle in to them for warranty - one was fixed on the spot, the other within a few days.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt, San Francisco, May 13, 1903

Unsure why the store you purchased it from did not make it right? Hmmm.

Had a similar experience trying to buy a Nightstick last year. Luckily the original vendor eventually agreed to take it back and give a refund. Link to my post is below. I won’t buy a Mossberg or purchase from the original vendor again, too bad , they are cool shotguns!

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ick-Unobtanium

Quote Originally Posted by Stovepipe View Post
    Had a similar experience trying to buy a Nightstick last year. Luckily the original vendor eventually agreed to take it back and give a refund. Link to my post is below. I won’t buy a Mossberg or purchase from the original vendor again, too bad , they are cool shotguns!

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ick-Unobtanium
    Yeah not good looks like their quality control is a common issue

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast