Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg Nightstick Warranty Issues

Angry Mossberg Nightstick Warranty Issues

EDIT 01/23/2022

Still no replacement part from Mossberg….
    HOWEVER
    Kudos to the forum member on here who after reading this thread sent me a replacement fore-end at cost!

The nightstick is now back up and running, no thanks to Mossberg!

Thankful for the CGN community! Big thanks to the generosity of fellow Canadian gun nuts out there!

————————————————————————————————————————————— —————

First I want to preface this thread by saying that this is not an issue with Wolverine Supplies. However Wolverine supplies is the Mossberg warranty centre in Canada and so I am posting this in their section in hopes that Mossberg will take note and make this right.

In December of 2020 I purchased a Mossberg Nightstick. I did not get out to shoot it for the first time until the beginning of February approx 3 months later.

After firing it several times I noticed that the fore-end appeared to be loose….
    On closer inspection I noticed that the fore end was actually cracked in half…. Great quality control Mossberg…

Realizing that I had been sold a lemon (Unhappy gun owner) I reach out to the store I bought the gun from seeking to return. I was told “unfortunately this is a warranty issue” and was directed to Wolverine supplies. Fair enough.

So I think to myself: No problem mistakes happen, I’m a reasonable guy. I can go through the warranty process and wait patiently to see how this works out.

Wolverine is excellent to deal with and warranty claim is submitted promptly on February 10, 2021.

Unhappy gun owner (me) waits patiently all spring. I do not hear anything about the new fore end I am supposed to be sent by Mossberg.

Again being reasonable. No problem. Maybe it’s Covid 19. Supply chain issues. Etc. All plausible scenarios. Keep waiting patiently.

I now wait patiently all summer watching the nice shooting weather go by and still can’t shoot my new gun. Oh well I figure I will keep being patient. Wolverine is still nice to deal with, so no fault of theirs. However I have now determined that Mossberg doesn’t seem to care about post sales service.

I have now watched spring, summer and fall go by with no replacement part. I am now wondering if the replacement part is being handcrafted by tiny elves. What else could possibly take so long? Have they sent a team of beavers into the woods to hand fall and process a tree and then whittle it into a fore end for me? Is the CEO of Mossberg personally walking all the way from middle America to Ontario Canada to hand deliver the part to me? What else could be taking so long? Maybe it was lost by Canada post?

All the while I watch new stock of Mossberg night sticks advertised for sale “just delivered into Canada” by CGN sponsors. Huh… guess Mossberg has no issue producing fore ends for new sales….Just doesn’t care about post sales service/warranty.

It is now October. I send an email to Wolverine. Still an unhappy gun owner (and growing more unhappy by the month). As usual Wolverine customer service (Heather) is delightful and a pleasure to deal with. Mossberg however, continues with the pattern of ambivalence.

I am told Wolverine is unfortunately still waiting receipt of the fore end and they will ship it as soon as it arrives.

I continue to wait patiently for Mossberg to pull its head out of its rear. No luck…

December. I wake up one morning and think to myself. “Today must be the day”. It has been 10 months. Surely the tiny elves have finished making the fore end now! This incompetence couldn’t possibly go on for a full year… Santa takes less than a year to make presents for the entire world… how long could it possibly take Mossberg to make 1 single replacement fore end….?

I send the following email:

“Hi,
    My warranty claim was submitted on February 10, 2021. To this date I still have not heard anything from Mossberg regarding the fore end replacement. I don’t have any issue with Wolverine Supplies as I understand you guys are just waiting for the parts to be sent to you and my dealings with Wolverine Supplies in the past have been excellent.
    However, I am extremely frustrated with Mossberg at this point and the fact that I have been waiting for a part on warranty for 10 months! Not to mention this is a part that broke the very first time I shot the gun!
    What recourse do I have? Is there someone at Mossberg I can be put in contact with to make a complaint regarding this? I would be hard pressed to ever recommend Mossberg to anyone after the experience I have had and I certainly will not be a repeat customer.

Thank you for your attention to this matter”

I receive the following email back:

“Hi,
    I have heard back from Mossberg and they have indicate that the part is out of stock and back ordered.
    They are addressing this with their service manager in an attempt to speed up deliver. Unfortunately they are unable to give an estimate as to when the part may be delivered at this time.
    Thank you for checking in, we will keep you updated as things progress.
    Have a great day!
    Best Regards”

To this date I still have not received any communication from Mossberg and still do not have a replacement part. My gun continues to be unusable.

Again I want to state I have no issue with Wolverine supplies. They have done the best they can providing warranty service for a company that clearly doesn’t give a ####.

Posting this in hopes that Mossberg will finally make this right.

Also posting this in hopes that those of you on the fence will just buy a Remington and not need the warranty service at all…

Pictures to follow.

Update 12/22/2021:

Reached out to Mossberg directly today and was told that they are already aware of my warranty claim and if I have any issues to contact Wolverine supplies directly as they are the warranty centre.

I was then emailed a second email by Mossberg and told that my issue has been marked as “resolved” and they asked me to fill out a survey rating my satisfaction with mossberg’s customer service… *facepalm*

Still no ETA on replacement part….

Last edited by John Deer; 01-23-2022 at 10:43 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Why did you feel the need to put this in Wolverine's dealer forum? This is clearly an issue with Mossberg, and the firearm wasn't purchased from Wolverine.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Why did you feel the need to put this in Wolverine's dealer forum? This is clearly an issue with Mossberg, and the firearm wasn't purchased from Wolverine.
    Wolverine is Mossberg’s Canadian warranty centre.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deer View Post
    Yeah I got that. Still not the appropriate location.

You started this post with "First I want to preface this thread by saying that this is not an issue with Wolverine Supplies.". You posting it in their dealer forum suggests the opposite.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

I think all new folks to shooting have to learn the unfortunate lesson that firearms have some of the worst warranty service in any industry. My last one was waiting on AAC to replace an item for 2 years then got an email informing me that they are out of business now, good bye. Lol its terrible feeling and I completely disagrees with the practice but comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by John Deer View Post
    I had an issue with my front sight falling off my brand new 940JMPro. Rather then crying and making someone else deal with my issue. I emailed the support / warranty email on Mossberg website. And guess what happens. 2 weeks later new sights show up in the mail... Wow who would have thought.
    Try service@mossberg.com
    You could have spent 2 minutes writing an email to them vs post this. But I assume you're waiting for someone to tell you how terrible this is to make yourself feel better.

So Mr unhappy gun owner, put your pull ups on and deal with Mossberg directly.

Having sat with a busted S&W MP15-22 for 11 months I get your frustration that said if it were me I'd be smashing the link below as a temporary solution.

https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...-590-590A1-FDE

Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    I had an issue with my front sight falling off my brand new 940JMPro. Rather then crying and making someone else deal with my issue. I emailed the support / warranty email on Mossberg website. And guess what happens. 2 weeks later new sights show up in the mail... Wow who would have thought.
    Try service@mossberg.com
    You could have spent 2 minutes writing an email to them vs post this. But I assume you're waiting for someone to tell you how terrible this is to make yourself feel better.

To be fair many US companies will tell you to get lost and contact the Canadian warranty service. Last time I contacted keystone directly the guy basically called me an idiot since I was in Canada lol.

This sounds like a powerful lesson of inspect new firearms before using them. If you had inspected and noticed the issue when you first got it I am guessing wolverine would have taken it back. Once it is fired it's a warranty issue. It is still BS that it has taken this long for mossberg to resolve it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    Try service@mossberg.com

Thank you for posting that email. I sent them an email to that address as well

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast