Thread: US-Canada Border Crossing - Red Ryder BB gun

US-Canada Border Crossing - Red Ryder BB gun

Hey,

Canadian currently living in the US - Sorry if this is about BBgun....

I got my dad a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas. I thought it was the best gift ever for the classic born in the 60s dad. But it didn't cross my mind twice that I had to cross the borders to bring it to him - haven't been home in 2 years and didn't think twice about airsoft having different laws.

I emailed the Border Agency... but they sent me a very lengthy and impossible to decipher except if you are a lawyer type of email. Tried to call them, not really working out, everything is about covid and no one can answer me.

So my understanding is: if the BB gun is less than 111.6 m/s (366 fps) and resembling with near precision an existing make and model of a firearm, other than an antique firearm, will be classified as a replica firearm. Replica firearm = no crossing.

The Red Ryder is basically an antique firearm (1938 look)? So it wouldn't count as a replica and it is also less than 366 fps. Am I in the clear? Anyone has brought something similar to Canada from the US? What should I expect?

I know it sounds like a dumb move, worst care i'll keep it here with my other bigger guys and get the same one at Canadian Tire.

CGN Regular
    The border agency will send you the laws and not decipher it for you.
    The agents use common sense.
    With my history of crossing with many for competitions you'll be 100% fine.
    Declare the gift and you're fine.