Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Automatics Lightning Bow - IWI Tavor and X95 Back in Stock

If you install the trigger but not the pack is there still an improvement worth the coins ?
    Do you still get the benefit of the stop?
    Do these fit tavor 7s . All Tavors ?

Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    If you install the trigger but not the pack is there still an improvement worth the coins ?
    I did a trigger with no pack. The install is more involved on the trigger. Not as much of an improvement as doing both but I feel better return for the price anyway
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

Cheers thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rainin View Post
    Shipping charge for a small item like this seems really high.
    It is the way it is. I have some one bailing out on me over shipping to some island on BC. It is the new reality.

Note that Canada Post is already "equalizing" the costs amongst various routes somewhat already. If they have to charge the real cost, people outside of major city centers will pay even more.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Uber Super GunNutz The last slice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    I did a trigger with no pack. The install is more involved on the trigger. Not as much of an improvement as doing both but I feel better return for the price anyway
    Will take a stab at the last question, the Lightning bow is unlikely to fit the Tavor 7 unless you are ready to consider re-machining the bow (Am not sure with weight reduction machining done by Geissele if you'd be able to get the set screw re-installed if you did).

It will fit the original 21 and x95 models fine.

Main issue on the 7 that I had the luxury of getting to mess around with, and something that I believe others that have tried have also encountered, is that the new style of safety mechanism interferes with the backside of the Lightning Bow where the set screw meant to take up slack in the linkage is located.

One thing will also note is that the bow in the 7 is now a single piece and drop safety likely just achieved through the now differently positioned spring. Some of the original Tavor model deficiencies on the front of the linkage may not be as pronounced. Have some pics from back then that might do a better job in highlighting the difference, linked them here temporarily to help. Apologize in advance for doing that in a business thread if that is not the appropriate thing to do. Can move them to the TAVOR FAQ if requested.

Default Tavor 7:

Poor attempt of overlaying a Lightning Bow, much more of a PITA to unhook the linkage than it is with some of the older Tavor models. Don't have a pic of the bow sitting in the slot as I didn't remember to take one and wasn't going to try disassembling a second time to take it.

AE confirmed in another thread that the packs are on back order and that hopefully it wouldn't be much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by The last slice View Post
    Will take a stab at the last question, the Lightning bow is unlikely to fit the Tavor 7 unless you are ready to consider re-machining the bow (Am not sure with weight reduction machining done by Geissele if you'd be able to get the set screw re-installed if you did).

It will fit the original 21 and x95 models fine.

Main issue on the 7 that I had the luxury of getting to mess around with, and something that I believe others that have tried have also encountered, is that the new style of safety mechanism interferes with the backside of the Lightning Bow where the set screw meant to take up slack in the linkage is located.

One thing will also note is that the bow in the 7 is now a single piece and drop safety likely just achieved through the now differently positioned spring. Some of the original Tavor model deficiencies on the front of the linkage may not be as pronounced. Have some pics from back then that might do a better job in highlighting the difference, linked them here temporarily to help. Apologize in advance for doing that in a business thread if that is not the appropriate thing to do. Can move them to the TAVOR FAQ if requested.

Default Tavor 7:

Poor attempt of overlaying a Lightning Bow, much more of a PITA to unhook the linkage than it is with some of the older Tavor models. Don't have a pic of the bow sitting in the slot as I didn't remember to take one and wasn't going to try disassembling a second time to take it.
    Best reply ever thanks

CGN Regular
    Best reply ever thanks
    I agree!
    *Exchange offers expire within 24hrs*

ordered another bow, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    Same here, I much prefer the pull on the Lightning trigger compared to stock, but I feel like an upgraded trigger pack is also needed to obtain optimal performance. Trying to get my hands on a TAV-D to confirm this theory but haven't had luck so far...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast