Geissele Automatics Lightning Bow - IWI Tavor and X95 Back in Stock

ARMS EAST

Regular
Business Member
Rating - 95.7%
20   1   2
We've had a restock of Lightning bows, click the picture for a link to the webstore.

The Super Sabra Lightning Bow® Trigger is precision machined from precipitation hardened 17-4 and is designed to replace the standard trigger in IWI Tavor rifles. Once installed, the Sabra Lightning Bow is adjustable via a set screw that removes the “slack” that is inherently found in the trigger mechanism of those rifles. By removing the slack, the trigger pull is instantly transformed into a feel that is much more familiar to that of an M4 Carbine. Pairing the Sabra Lightning Bow with a Super Sabra Trigger Pack will result in a pull that is truly two stage and has a match grade feel.

I ordered off you guys probably two years ago. How am I supposed to remember my user name to log in again?

Shipping charge for a small item like this seems really high.

Canada Post is expensive and are responsible for shipping costs.

East coast to West Coast costs $$$$

It costs us the same nationwide. We wind up subsidizing most items at our shipping cost. There is only so much subsidizing you can do on a $130 order. Beyond the base charge we only charge for insurance as the order value goes up.

Purchase additional items to average down the shipping cost
For the win!

I ordered off you guys probably two years ago. How am I supposed to remember my user name to log in again?
Please shoot an email to us at info@armseast.com and we will reply with your login ID. That + your email address will allow you to reset your PW.

If you install the trigger but not the pack is there still an improvement worth the coins ?
Do you still get the benefit of the stop?
Do these fit tavor 7s . All Tavors ?

If you install the trigger but not the pack is there still an improvement worth the coins ?

I did a trigger with no pack. The install is more involved on the trigger. Not as much of an improvement as doing both but I feel better return for the price anyway

Shipping charge for a small item like this seems really high.

It is the way it is. I have some one bailing out on me over shipping to some island on BC. It is the new reality.

Note that Canada Post is already "equalizing" the costs amongst various routes somewhat already. If they have to charge the real cost, people outside of major city centers will pay even more.

I did a trigger with no pack. The install is more involved on the trigger. Not as much of an improvement as doing both but I feel better return for the price anyway

Will take a stab at the last question, the Lightning bow is unlikely to fit the Tavor 7 unless you are ready to consider re-machining the bow (Am not sure with weight reduction machining done by Geissele if you'd be able to get the set screw re-installed if you did).

It will fit the original 21 and x95 models fine.

Main issue on the 7 that I had the luxury of getting to mess around with, and something that I believe others that have tried have also encountered, is that the new style of safety mechanism interferes with the backside of the Lightning Bow where the set screw meant to take up slack in the linkage is located.

One thing will also note is that the bow in the 7 is now a single piece and drop safety likely just achieved through the now differently positioned spring. Some of the original Tavor model deficiencies on the front of the linkage may not be as pronounced. Have some pics from back then that might do a better job in highlighting the difference, linked them here temporarily to help. Apologize in advance for doing that in a business thread if that is not the appropriate thing to do. Can move them to the TAVOR FAQ if requested.

Default Tavor 7:
51790261866_f75be0724d_z.jpg

Poor attempt of overlaying a Lightning Bow, much more of a PITA to unhook the linkage than it is with some of the older Tavor models. Don't have a pic of the bow sitting in the slot as I didn't remember to take one and wasn't going to try disassembling a second time to take it.
51790383803_ecd76027d5_z.jpg

Will take a stab at the last question, the Lightning bow is unlikely to fit the Tavor 7 unless you are ready to consider re-machining the bow (Am not sure with weight reduction machining done by Geissele if you'd be able to get the set screw re-installed if you did).

It will fit the original 21 and x95 models fine.

Main issue on the 7 that I had the luxury of getting to mess around with, and something that I believe others that have tried have also encountered, is that the new style of safety mechanism interferes with the backside of the Lightning Bow where the set screw meant to take up slack in the linkage is located.

One thing will also note is that the bow in the 7 is now a single piece and drop safety likely just achieved through the now differently positioned spring. Some of the original Tavor model deficiencies on the front of the linkage may not be as pronounced. Have some pics from back then that might do a better job in highlighting the difference, linked them here temporarily to help. Apologize in advance for doing that in a business thread if that is not the appropriate thing to do. Can move them to the TAVOR FAQ if requested.

Default Tavor 7:
51790261866_f75be0724d_z.jpg

Poor attempt of overlaying a Lightning Bow, much more of a PITA to unhook the linkage than it is with some of the older Tavor models. Don't have a pic of the bow sitting in the slot as I didn't remember to take one and wasn't going to try disassembling a second time to take it.
51790383803_ecd76027d5_z.jpg

Best reply ever thanks

Same here, I much prefer the pull on the Lightning trigger compared to stock, but I feel like an upgraded trigger pack is also needed to obtain optimal performance. Trying to get my hands on a TAV-D to confirm this theory but haven't had luck so far...

Back
Top Bottom