Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Systems DR920 Elite Pistol, 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Logan370 View Post
    ah I see you've never touched or seen one before.
    Yes, because I know how to use my money efficiently. I'm not in the target market.
    “I spent most of my dough on guns, gals, and gas, and the rest I wasted.”
    -me, with apologies to Elmore Leonard

These are outstanding. Best “Glock” I’ve ever owned, beyond explanation, you just have to shoot one

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack_Kerouac View Post
    All of you defending paying big bucks for a Glock clone are coping big time.

An improved trigger, extended slide release, not-plastic sights, extended mag release, and RDS compatibility are actual, functional improvements on the Glock gen 3 (which is the only one that can be touched by non-Glock manufacturers due to patent expiry dates) and can be had for significantly less than the premium on this "Gucci Glock".

If you're buying to LARP as John Wick, go nuts.

If you're buying because you think this is $1000 better than a factory Glock, well... a fool and their money, etc. etc.
    Actually with Glocks when you get into optics they are cut for a specific model of sight be it a RMR, DP ect. The Shadow Systems pistols have a universal cut that allows a majority of sights to be mounted due to their internals being slightly different than a Glocks. I bought my DR920 when they came out at 1299. A brand new Glock 17 is anywhere from 8-9 hundred. Tack on another 100 for a optic cut and you’re in the ball park of what I paid for the 920 and I got a match barrel, better trigger, night sights, extended mag release, enlarged mag well, good stippling job with undercuts and gas pedal.

The current price is a little much for what they’re offering vs the old price. At this price I would opt for a stock glock with select upgrades.

Yes, because I know how to use my money efficiently. I'm not in the target market.
    lol
    Freedom Isn't Free.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    There are people who just hate Glocks.

I’m not a fan either. But I own 7 or 8 off the top of my head. Used by the world all over.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Regular
    All of you defending paying big bucks for a Glock clone are coping big time.
    Not cope - observed performance improvement over multiple competitions as I rise in standings. I can't speak for he shadow systems, but I own a G17 gen 5 and a Zev OZ9. Was dissatisfied with my split times with the G17 in competitions, and moved up from bottom third of my clubs IPSC standings to better than half, while staying in production division. I didn't get rid of the Glock though, but it's retired from competing.

The recoil impulse is significantly different between the two. The Zev has about 40% less recoil than my G17 - and the G17 even has a muzzle brake and a light now and it's still got more recoil.

That's the most fundamental difference that you can't get with a Glock frame and Gucci parts. The actual frame of the Zev is much more solid, heavy and rigid, and you can switch grips without registering a new firearm.

My complaint with the Zev is the price. From what I've heard the shadow systems is just as good shooting, and sits in the middle price point between the two.

I wanted one, but not at that price. For $1600 I would rather customize a G34.5 MOS.

Consumers: "We need innovation and something new"

Firearms industry: "Gen 3 Glonk 17 but 2.5x the price "
    Go shoot one of these, or any Shadow Systems product and you will buy it on the spot. They’re that good.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    I have a MR918L, and yes, it preforms at a much higher level than a stock Glock. I picked up mine on the EE for just under a grand and at that price its a steal. You are getting ALOT for your money and its not just lipstick on a pig.
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

My local gun store had both the DR920 and MR920L on sale over Christmas for 1280.00 which was an awesome deal. I owned a ZevOZ9 and a MR918L and in my opinion I preferred the Shadow System.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast