Facebook | Instagram| Youtube

Consumers: "We need innovation and something new"

Firearms industry: "Gen 3 Glonk 17 but 2.5x the price "
    “I spent most of my dough on guns, gals, and gas, and the rest I wasted.”
    -me, with apologies to Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack_Kerouac View Post
    Consumers: "We need innovation and something new"

Firearms industry: "Gen 3 Glonk 17 but 2.5x the price "
    ah I see you've never touched or seen one before.
    Freedom Isn't Free.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan370 View Post
    This literally right here ^^^
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan370 View Post
    Not that I'm defending the gentlemen you are replying to, but could anybody who has owned or at least has experience with these explain how they are different from a standard Glock? Is it basically a "gucci glock" or is there actual fundamental/material differences that you couldn't achieve by modifying a Glock 17/19? I've always been curious about these and the ZEV pistols and how they measure up to a standard Glock that somebody has kitted out with nice aftermarket parts.

I guess I could always google it (which I plan to tonight) but I also like to hear first hand from people who have handled one.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyTheGreat View Post
    Not that I'm defending the gentlemen you are replying to, but could anybody who has owned or at least has experience with these explain how they are different from a standard Glock? Is it basically a "gucci glock" or is there actual fundamental/material differences that you couldn't achieve by modifying a Glock 17/19? I've always been curious about these and the ZEV pistols and how they measure up to a standard Glock that somebody has kitted out with nice aftermarket parts.

I guess I could always google it (which I plan to tonight) but I also like to hear first hand from people who have handled one.
    I have an mr19. Its basically the same as the MR20 minus a few frame alterations. They are just essentially "Gucci Glocks", but for a cheaper price. If you wanted to buy a Glock and make it comparable to one of these you would be in for about $2000 instead of $1500. Then you have to make sure all the parts work good together and you can find them in stock. If you are somebody that doesn't love assembling things yourself than its a really good hassle free option IMO. I got my mr19 on sale for $1200. Good luck getting a new built Glock that nice for the same money.
    Freedom Isn't Free.

CGN Regular
    At $1200 they were good value. At $1600 is getting a bit expensive for what it is

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    At $1200 they were good value. At $1600 is getting a bit expensive for what it is
    I would check and see what a standard Glock, gucci slide, barrel, trigger and sights cost. It's going to be way more than $1600.

I always appreciated the simplicity and utilitarian aspect of the glock 17/19. That being said being said there's a lot I would like done to it to make it "perfection". DR 920 or MR920 covers everything I'd do and then some for much cheaper. And fyi, once you start doing that custom work kiss your money goodbye. You're not getting it back if you decide to sell later on (always someone griping about that). It also addresses the grip angle. There are 3 back straps that force your wrist into certain angles. Not gonna get into it but there's standard glock one and there's 2 others that anyone who shoots any semi auto handgun will find familiar and to they're liking. Then there is the optics plate. 95 percent support for major rds that fasten straight into the slide and its DEEP. No optic plate bs to deal. Do I own a glock 17? No. Have I shot a 17? Sure, plenty of times. Do I own a Shadow Sytems DR920. YUP. Ready to rock right out the box. Oh and I paid quite a bit less than listed price but here but gotta keep on eye out for the sales. You snooze you lose.

All of you defending paying big bucks for a Glock clone are coping big time.

An improved trigger, extended slide release, not-plastic sights, extended mag release, and RDS compatibility are actual, functional improvements on the Glock gen 3 (which is the only one that can be touched by non-Glock manufacturers due to patent expiry dates) and can be had for significantly less than the premium on this "Gucci Glock".

If you're buying to LARP as John Wick, go nuts.

If you're buying because you think this is $1000 better than a factory Glock, well... a fool and their money, etc. etc.
    “I spent most of my dough on guns, gals, and gas, and the rest I wasted.”
    -me, with apologies to Elmore Leonard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast