New Range Gun!! Sterling R18!!

TSE.Chet

Business Rep
Business Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are Happy to announce that we have made one of these available to Shoot on our Range!
For any Further Sterling Inquiry's Feel Free to contact us at 1(403)720-4867

IMG_4734.jpg

Link to Our Website: https://www.theshootingedge.com/

Attachments

• IMG_4734.jpg
    IMG_4734.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 19,849
There is a limited (40) rifle release with product at TSE and Target right now. The price for the fixed is $2699 and the Zhukov folder model is $2849.

This batch has the initial pencil barrel and purchasers will receive (in a bit) some replacement parts that we have upgraded, specifically;

New guide rods and back plate: We found that the current design, once nitrided, are too fragile and if dropped (just right) could shear.
New main recoil springs: The current ones work fine, but SAI changed the materials to give a stronger forward impulse
New steel cocking bar: The aluminum one (after 100s of action racks) starts to stretch and we want to pre-empt any issues.

The next and subsequent shipments will have these items plus a slightly heavier barrel (.2" in diameter) for added stiffness / accuracy and an adjustable gasblock, which will make it easier to adapt this firearm for other calibres.

With the Christmas shutdowns, things are behind, but we expect SAI to start delivering regular rifle shipments in 4 weeks time.

JR

How do you aim with this thing? Through the receiver? You won't see anything if you get a good cheekhold on that buttstock.

There is a limited (40) rifle release with product at TSE and Target right now. The price for the fixed is $2699 and the Zhukov folder model is $2849.

This batch has the initial pencil barrel and purchasers will receive (in a bit) some replacement parts that we have upgraded, specifically;

New guide rods and back plate: We found that the current design, once nitrided, are too fragile and if dropped (just right) could shear.
New main recoil springs: The current ones work fine, but SAI changed the materials to give a stronger forward impulse
New steel cocking bar: The aluminum one (after 100s of action racks) starts to stretch and we want to pre-empt any issues.

The next and subsequent shipments will have these items plus a slightly heavier barrel (.2" in diameter) for added stiffness / accuracy and an adjustable gasblock, which will make it easier to adapt this firearm for other calibres.

With the Christmas shutdowns, things are behind, but we expect SAI to start delivering regular rifle shipments in 4 weeks time.

JR

When will the purchaser of first batch receive the replacement parts?

Thanks

JR

To clarify, this initial batch will not have the adjustable gas block, nor will one be included in the upgrade package?

I find it funny how if you go to the MCR/WK threads, you'll find tons of comments how the MCR/WK is an overpriced piece of garbage that wouldn't be worth anything in a different market... but when someone offers a significantly upgraded model for a premium price point, just as many people come swooping in to complain that it's not worth the additional price over the other aforementioned rifles.

Seems like the trick here would be to build a rifle that worth $10,000 and sell it for $100- that would make everyone happy, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight??

I'm happy to see another offering on the market. I still can't afford it right now, but at least I'm not on the internet whining like it's someone else's problem that I'm poor :stirthepot2:

I find it funny how if you go to the MCR/WK threads, you'll find tons of comments how the MCR/WK is an overpriced piece of garbage that wouldn't be worth anything in a different market... but when someone offers a significantly upgraded model for a premium price point, just as many people come swooping in to complain that it's not worth the additional price over the other aforementioned rifles.

Seems like the trick here would be to build a rifle that worth $10,000 and sell it for $100- that would make everyone happy, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight??

I'm happy to see another offering on the market. I still can't afford it right now, but at least I'm not on the internet whining like it's someone else's problem that I'm poor :stirthepot2:

WS is a decent upgrade from a WK, so it's reasonable to ask why this is 35% more money. Also you're a guinea pig, and a X95 at the same price is a no brainer.

If the Sterling has stuff like a nicer trigger, heavier barrel, can fit an eotech on the rail without aftermarket BS, is more reliable, then that closes the $1k gap. (I have not looked at the review thread much it is tl;dr atm).

WS is a decent upgrade from a WK, so it's reasonable to ask why this is 35% more money. Also you're a guinea pig, and a X95 at the same price is a no brainer.

If the Sterling has stuff like a nicer trigger, heavier barrel, can fit an eotech on the rail without aftermarket BS, is more reliable, then that closes the $1k gap. (I have not looked at the review thread much it is tl;dr atm).

Fair points, and TL;DR indeed- to save you the reading, yes, the Sterling covers all the suggested points, and also has a non-reciprocating charging handle and a better sealed receiver design. I too question the low stock height, but as others have mentioned, that could be remedied with an adapter of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom