Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: New Range Gun!! Sterling R18!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    What makes this Sterling, {$1000+} better than the new MCR?

Looks awesome, can’t wait to see these widely available.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    How do you aim with this thing? Through the receiver? You won't see anything if you get a good cheekhold on that buttstock.
    The buffer tube is attached via rail like the Sig MCX. If I remember from the development thread there were discussions on adding a slot so the tube would be higher.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...essions/page13

P.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    How do you aim with this thing? Through the receiver? You won't see anything if you get a good cheekhold on that buttstock.
    They make these things called sights.
    Once your ad sells, edit prefix from WTS to Pls Remove and change the title to SOLD by clicking go advanced. I'm tired of clicking on ten ads a day, only to see the word sold where the price was.
    -.45automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    What makes this Sterling, {$1000+} better than the new MCR?
    Recommend reading the review posts by Bartok5.

But in general, I dont see it either, especially now that it directly competes with the Tavor in price point.

CGN Regular
    I find it funny how if you go to the MCR/WK threads, you'll find tons of comments how the MCR/WK is an overpriced piece of garbage that wouldn't be worth anything in a different market... but when someone offers a significantly upgraded model for a premium price point, just as many people come swooping in to complain that it's not worth the additional price over the other aforementioned rifles.

Seems like the trick here would be to build a rifle that worth $10,000 and sell it for $100- that would make everyone happy, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight??

I'm happy to see another offering on the market. I still can't afford it right now, but at least I'm not on the internet whining like it's someone else's problem that I'm poor
    Understand that voting got us into this mess, do you really believe more voting will get us out? I await the day when the ballots will be cast in the streets, before the guillotine and the gallows; until then, nothing will truly change.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyy View Post
    what makes this sterling, {$1000+} better than the new mcr?
    . X2

Quote Originally Posted by SomebodyTookMyName View Post
    I find it funny how if you go to the MCR/WK threads, you'll find tons of comments how the MCR/WK is an overpriced piece of garbage that wouldn't be worth anything in a different market... but when someone offers a significantly upgraded model for a premium price point, just as many people come swooping in to complain that it's not worth the additional price over the other aforementioned rifles.

Seems like the trick here would be to build a rifle that worth $10,000 and sell it for $100- that would make everyone happy, right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight??

I'm happy to see another offering on the market. I still can't afford it right now, but at least I'm not on the internet whining like it's someone else's problem that I'm poor
    WS is a decent upgrade from a WK, so it's reasonable to ask why this is 35% more money. Also you're a guinea pig, and a X95 at the same price is a no brainer.

If the Sterling has stuff like a nicer trigger, heavier barrel, can fit an eotech on the rail without aftermarket BS, is more reliable, then that closes the $1k gap. (I have not looked at the review thread much it is tl;dr atm).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus69 View Post
    WS is a decent upgrade from a WK, so it's reasonable to ask why this is 35% more money. Also you're a guinea pig, and a X95 at the same price is a no brainer.

If the Sterling has stuff like a nicer trigger, heavier barrel, can fit an eotech on the rail without aftermarket BS, is more reliable, then that closes the $1k gap. (I have not looked at the review thread much it is tl;dr atm).
    Fair points, and TL;DR indeed- to save you the reading, yes, the Sterling covers all the suggested points, and also has a non-reciprocating charging handle and a better sealed receiver design. I too question the low stock height, but as others have mentioned, that could be remedied with an adapter of some sort.
    Understand that voting got us into this mess, do you really believe more voting will get us out? I await the day when the ballots will be cast in the streets, before the guillotine and the gallows; until then, nothing will truly change.

thats quite expensive for an ar180 style rifle.