Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: New Range Gun!! Sterling R18!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Note that even the vaunted and prohibited up here BRN-180 has a higher rail height then is standard on an AR-15. This is referenced on the InRangeTV review of the Primary Arms 1X MicroPrism, where the reviewer noted he had installed the optic with no riser at all due to the height of the BRN-180, but would have needed a riser on the AR-15.
    Yes, obviously, as does the hk 416, and pretty much any gun with a 180 system; point is and still remains they are much much closer to traditional height, hence why i asked if one with a "more" traditional height would be possible, to which JR satisfactorily answered which i do appreciate.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    There's a ton of unnecessary passive aggressiveness on both sides of this. Thanks JR for the level headed cost assessment, myself i dont have an issue with the price, but i can see why others misunderstand it. Is it possible at any point in the future that youd consider an upper reciever with a more traditional height? or are the generational improvements going to be less drastic than that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I will ask SAI to look at that. However, what we've found so far is that we can now mount optics lower (closer to the bore height). That being said; if it looks like the bulk of our users are looking for more AR style mounting solutions; we may have to look at repositioning the rear picatinny.

Me, I'm going to get the Zhukov folder and install a fixed height riser to get my perfect fit, once I decide on my optic.

JR
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    Yes, obviously, as does the hk 416, and pretty much any gun with a 180 system; point is and still remains they are much much closer to traditional height, hence why i asked if one with a "more" traditional height would be possible, to which JR satisfactorily answered which i do appreciate.
    Fair enough, thank you!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    There is a limited (40) rifle release with product at TSE and Target right now. The price for the fixed is $2699 and the Zhukov folder model is $2849.

This batch has the initial pencil barrel and purchasers will receive (in a bit) some replacement parts that we have upgraded, specifically;

New guide rods and back plate: We found that the current design, once nitrided, are too fragile and if dropped (just right) could shear.
    New main recoil springs: The current ones work fine, but SAI changed the materials to give a stronger forward impulse
    New steel cocking bar: The aluminum one (after 100s of action racks) starts to stretch and we want to pre-empt any issues.

The next and subsequent shipments will have these items plus a slightly heavier barrel (.2" in diameter) for added stiffness / accuracy and an adjustable gasblock, which will make it easier to adapt this firearm for other calibres.

With the Christmas shutdowns, things are behind, but we expect SAI to start delivering regular rifle shipments in 4 weeks time.

JR
    Just read this after placing my order. Will I receive the upgraded barrel and gas block ? If not I rather wait until those come out

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deagle2008 View Post
    Just read this after placing my order. Will I receive the upgraded barrel and gas block ? If not I rather wait until those come out
    No to both.... you should wait if you want the mid-weight barrel and adjustable gas block.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Regular
    Any pics of the rifle with the zhukov stock yet?

Is February version going to include a QD handguard as well? Or is it a Mk3 feature?

Quote Originally Posted by firebat View Post
    Is February version going to include a QD handguard as well? Or is it a Mk3 feature?
    That feature is down the line. We need to get the MK2 done and dusted first. Machine time is limited right now while SAI builds up parts for the MK2.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

I will ask SAI to look at that. However, what we've found so far is that we can now mount optics lower (closer to the bore height). That being said; if it looks like the bulk of our users are looking for more AR style mounting solutions; we may have to look at repositioning the rear picatinny.

Me, I'm going to get the Zhukov folder and install a fixed height riser to get my perfect fit, once I decide on my optic.

JR
    will the Feb release have a higher rear picatinny than the models tested by Bartok?
    Live free or die

Quote Originally Posted by S3RVO View Post
    will the Feb release have a higher rear picatinny than the models tested by Bartok?
    No. This will take more work and design testing. A large number of lowers have already been built and these will need to be used up before we introduce something else. Also, at this point we also feel this is a "nice" not a "must".

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 01-06-2022 at 08:26 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Too much for a new rifle that will have growing pains. Easy choice for the X95 at this price point.