Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: New Range Gun!! Sterling R18!!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsway View Post
    Well, this is going to be my second firearm purchase of the year I think, once the Zhukov model is out. Going to have to start squirreling money away again I guess, but it should be a beauty for 3 Gun.
    Here's what you are looking at. The Zhukov Folder will be available at the same time as the Fixed-Stock R18, so next month some time. The cost will be sightly higher at $2849 (versus $2699), to account for the Stock and Adapter. Zhukov Stocks alone cost $250, so $150 for that Buttstock and the Adapter is a bargain!

Mark C

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    Any pics of the rifle with the zhukov stock yet?
    Name:  R18-ZHK-RSIDE.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  43.0 KB
    Name:  R18-ZHK-LSIDE.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  44.8 KB
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE.Chet View Post
    We are Happy to announce that we have made one of these available to Shoot on our Range!
    For any Further Sterling Inquiry's Feel Free to contact us at 1(403)720-4867

Attachment 552680

Link to Our Website: https://www.theshootingedge.com/
    Very interesting, but I've read there are still some bugs to work out. I look forward to a reliable rifle.

I am not sure where you read that the R18 has residual "issues", but I assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. While the pre-production Test rifles did have some minor shortcomings, those have all been addressed in the forthcoming Production Rifles. A heavier Barrel, Adjustable Gas Block, stronger Operating Springs, a strengthened Back-Plate and Op Rods, a revised Barrel Nut, and several other minor changes have been incorporalted into the Prolduction gun to ensure improved accuracy and reliable function in all conditions.

Even before the various enhancements, I was able to fire over 1000.roundsl of mixed 5.56mm and .223 cal without a single stoppage attributable to the Test rifle (some faulty magazines were the cause). The Production R18 with its adjustable Gas Block will be as reliable as any other high-end semiautomatic rifle offered on the Canadian market and likely more reliable than most.
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    would it be possible to change the adapter such that the stock would be more in line with the upper receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    would it be possible to change the adapter such that the stock would be more in line with the upper receiver?
    Lengthening the Rear Rail to provide another Slot on top is under consideration by SAI for future production runs. As it currently stands however, the production of Upper Receivers is well underway and those Receivers will have to be assembled and sold before any further production (eg. with a lengthened rail) occurs. So it won't happen immediately, if at all. In all honesty, despite what optical distortion in photos may imply, a stock mounted to the top slots of the Rear Rail is perfectly in line with the Bore of the Rifle. So there is no need for a taller Rail unless you want to get over top of the Bore-line to really get on top of recoil. While that may be desirable, it has not been deemed essential bearing in mind that most other offerings on the Canadian market have fixed Buttstocks. The Rear Rail is intended more to provide freedom of selection in choosing your Buttstock of choice - fixed, folding or otherwise. It was never envisioned as a means of getting over-top of recoil, although that is not a bad idea which is why the idea of lengthening the Rear Rail is under consideration for future production runs. As far as increasing Comb height for optics, the current height of the Rear Rail is ideal for my Low Power Variable Optics mounted in an American Defense Cantilever Mount. One can always select a Buttstock style that accepts Cheek-Risers if Comb Height proves to be inadequate....
    Last edited by Bartok5; 01-08-2022 at 09:26 PM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    One can always select a Buttstock style that accepts Cheek-Risers if Comb Height proves to be inadequate....
    Indeed, and the Shooting Edge sells cheek risers for the Zhukov stock if desired , https://www.theshootingedge.com/cpro...cheek-riser-*5.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I am not sure where you read that the R18 has residual "issues", but I assure you that nothing could be further from the truth. While the pre-production Test rifles did have some minor shortcomings, those have all been addressed in the forthcoming Production Rifles. A heavier Barrel, Adjustable Gas Block, stronger Operating Springs, a strengthened Back-Plate and Op Rods, a revised Barrel Nut, and several other minor changes have been incorporalted into the Prolduction gun to ensure improved accuracy and reliable function in all conditions.

Even before the various enhancements, I was able to fire over 1000.roundsl of mixed 5.56mm and .223 cal without a single stoppage attributable to the Test rifle (some faulty magazines were the cause). The Production R18 with its adjustable Gas Block will be as reliable as any other high-end semiautomatic rifle offered on the Canadian market and likely more reliable than most.
    Interesting. the bore line was my main concern, secondarily the majority of optic mounts are being delivered in standard AR heights these days, and as a tertiary concern the asthetics of the weird drop from the rail down to the level of the top of the grip seems sort of unnecessary disjointed.

i really like the look of the sig stock you have on the previous page but i imagine that is more difficult to get hands on these days.

Looks like adding a scope and scope mount would be way too high for a standard cheek weld.
    I'm out.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lungorthin View Post
    Looks like adding a scope and scope mount would be way too high for a standard cheek weld.
    I'm out.
    Wouldn't that depend on the scope mounts being used?