Page 1 of 27 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: New Range Gun!! Sterling R18!!

Business Rep

New Range Gun!! Sterling R18!!

We are Happy to announce that we have made one of these available to Shoot on our Range!
    For any Further Sterling Inquiry's Feel Free to contact us at 1(403)720-4867

Name:  IMG_4734.jpg
Views: 19812
Size:  149.9 KB

Link to Our Website: https://www.theshootingedge.com/

So I'll ask the obvious question, what is the timeline for these to be available for private purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsway View Post
    So I'll ask the obvious question, what is the timeline for these to be available for private purchase?
    X2 and a price

x3!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    There is a limited (40) rifle release with product at TSE and Target right now. The price for the fixed is $2699 and the Zhukov folder model is $2849.

This batch has the initial pencil barrel and purchasers will receive (in a bit) some replacement parts that we have upgraded, specifically;

New guide rods and back plate: We found that the current design, once nitrided, are too fragile and if dropped (just right) could shear.
    New main recoil springs: The current ones work fine, but SAI changed the materials to give a stronger forward impulse
    New steel cocking bar: The aluminum one (after 100s of action racks) starts to stretch and we want to pre-empt any issues.

The next and subsequent shipments will have these items plus a slightly heavier barrel (.2" in diameter) for added stiffness / accuracy and an adjustable gasblock, which will make it easier to adapt this firearm for other calibres.

With the Christmas shutdowns, things are behind, but we expect SAI to start delivering regular rifle shipments in 4 weeks time.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I love the lower but I really want to see this gun with a Brownell's/PWS 180 style upper
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

How do you aim with this thing? Through the receiver? You won't see anything if you get a good cheekhold on that buttstock.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I love the lower but I really want to see this gun with a Brownell's/PWS 180 style upper
    I think this is the general consensus of those slightly hesitant about this rifle. Its definitely cool and a step in the right direction.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    There is a limited (40) rifle release with product at TSE and Target right now. The price for the fixed is $2699 and the Zhukov folder model is $2849.

This batch has the initial pencil barrel and purchasers will receive (in a bit) some replacement parts that we have upgraded, specifically;

New guide rods and back plate: We found that the current design, once nitrided, are too fragile and if dropped (just right) could shear.
    New main recoil springs: The current ones work fine, but SAI changed the materials to give a stronger forward impulse
    New steel cocking bar: The aluminum one (after 100s of action racks) starts to stretch and we want to pre-empt any issues.

The next and subsequent shipments will have these items plus a slightly heavier barrel (.2" in diameter) for added stiffness / accuracy and an adjustable gasblock, which will make it easier to adapt this firearm for other calibres.

With the Christmas shutdowns, things are behind, but we expect SAI to start delivering regular rifle shipments in 4 weeks time.

JR

When will the purchaser of first batch receive the replacement parts?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post

JR
    To clarify, this initial batch will not have the adjustable gas block, nor will one be included in the upgrade package?
    Romans 13:4

Page 1 of 27 1234567891121 ... LastLast