Need Eye and Ear Protection for a nearly Blind man!!!

Zululand

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a lens of -8.5 and I would like some advice for eye protection I wear classes and the cover most of my eye and I would also like some ear protection advice. Money is no real issue aslong as its worth it. Also if anyone has any reccomendations for gun safes please let me know.

The place that you got your glasses with have safety glasses in your prescription.
Buy a good quality ear muff that has a built in sound system that you can hear normal conversations while drowning out loud sounds.
Cabela's had some in store.

Last edited:
Last time I was at a store getting glasses they told me their cheapest pair was $300. Then they sold me some CSA safety glasses for work for about $220.

If you aren't worried about Canadian safety certification look at the online suppliers like Zenni. Very affordable prices.

Many use glasses with prescription inserts but I've never liked multiple layers because of the reflection and hassle trying to keep all the surfaces clean enough to see through.

Or just get the safety glasses that goes over your regular glasses. Cheaper to replace if they get scratched.

I tried the Zenni optical route, and it is a gamble to find a frames that fit.

Buy a good quality ear muff that has a built in sound system that you can hear normal conversations while drowning out loud sounds.
Cabela's had some in store.

These are fantastic! I was skeptical at 1st but they actually work very well. And they go on sale often.

The only issue is that depending on your shooting position the big earmuffs can get in the way.

there are other smaller in ear ones (look kind of like a hearing aid) that others here can chime in on

I use custom molded earpiece hearing protection. One of the best thing I have ever used with shooting....

If you can find a good OTG(over the glasses) safety glasses that you like, go with that..I do. They often can be a real pain to fit right but there are some good ones out there...
If you want more dedicated shooting glasses, go for prescription... for the money there are a number of verities out there now, that look and feel good.

Back
Top Bottom