Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new model LEUPOLD scopes for 2022 silhouette model perhaps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

new model LEUPOLD scopes for 2022 silhouette model perhaps

been in the works for 2 years now, any word if they

are going to make it this year?
    Life is too short.

Business Member
    New products will be officially announced at SHOT Show. No target scopes are slated to be released at this time.

https://www.leupold.com/vx-3hd-6-5-2...us-fine-duplex Was 'released' mid-2021, but has not started shipping yet.

Regards,
    KGL

I was currious about this myself. There has been talk on at least one of the Smallbore Silhouette FB groups about a new Leupold scope.

I was going to buy a VX-3I 6.5-20X40 EFR CDS TARGET FINE DUPLEX scope this year for my rimfire Silhouette rifle, but I see it has been discontinued.

The scope link by Korth would be fine for High Power Silhouette shooting, but not for rimfire as the Minimum parallax free distance is listed as 75yards. Can the parallax be reset at the Korth facility in Okotoks?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    if you could do that at your shop before the scope goes out I would buy the new focus FIXED scope for my needs at one of your retailers for the advertised price of 999,plus tax

fair enough?
    Last edited by Jefferson; 01-08-2022 at 05:32 PM.
    Life is too short.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I was currious about this myself. There has been talk on at least one of the Smallbore Silhouette FB groups about a new Leupold scope.

I was going to buy a VX-3I 6.5-20X40 EFR CDS TARGET FINE DUPLEX scope this year for my rimfire Silhouette rifle, but I see it has been discontinued.

The scope link by Korth would be fine for High Power Silhouette shooting, but not for rimfire as the Minimum parallax free distance is listed as 75yards. Can the parallax be reset at the Korth facility in Okotoks?
    We can re-set parallax to as close as 10 yards. However, most all Adjustable Objective/Side Focus scopes (expect for EFR scopes) are set to be parallax free at infinity, which allows for parallax adjustment down to around 50 yards (+/-). The simple answer is we may not be able to make this scope work for rimfire. The long answer is we may be able to make this scope work for rimfire; if we had the scope in our lab, we could run a few tests to see what is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    if you could do that at your shop before the scope goes out I would buy the new focus FIXED scope for my needs at one of your retailers for the advertised price of 999,plus tax

fair enough?
    We can complete custom work prior to a scope shipping to your dealer. However, retail pricing will need to be discussed with the dealer.

Regards,
    KGL

Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    We can re-set parallax to as close as 10 yards. However, most all Adjustable Objective/Side Focus scopes (expect for EFR scopes) are set to be parallax free at infinity, which allows for parallax adjustment down to around 50 yards (+/-). The simple answer is we may not be able to make this scope work for rimfire. The long answer is we may be able to make this scope work for rimfire; if we had the scope in our lab, we could run a few tests to see what is possible.

Regards,
    KGL
    Thanks for the answer regarding re-setting parallax. I will have to think on this. For rimfire silhouette we shoot from 40m-100m. I guess if the parallax cannot be made suitable for that range, I could have it set back to factory specs and use the scope on a centerfire rifle.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Thanks for the answer regarding re-setting parallax. I will have to think on this. For rimfire silhouette we shoot from 40m-100m. I guess if the parallax cannot be made suitable for that range, I could have it set back to factory specs and use the scope on a centerfire rifle.
    Precisely. We can function test the parallax before sending your scope to you. If the parallax change is ineffective, there will be no charge for the work (only freight to and from).

Regards,
    KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Would be nice to see a wind-plex reticle option as well.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Would be nice to see a wind-plex reticle option as well.
    The Windplex reticle may be installed in all VX-3 3.5-10, 4.5-14, 6.5-20 and 8.5-25, at a cost of $267.50 plus tax and freight.

KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    a friend spoke to Leupold at SHOT show today and checked out the new VX-3HD 6.5-20x40. Great looking scope and will be available with the EFR reticle and the new 1/2 min target diamond! I was informed that they would be available by the end of the month! Now I know there will be skeptics with regards to availability but it's important to recognize that they are listening to silhouette shooters and trying to provide them with scopes that will be great for silhouette!

any word on this later this or next week, would like to buy one for this years silhouette program

ANY SHOT SHOW SPECIALS TO THE SILHOUETTE CROWD
    and not just asking for a friend

thanks whenever is fine we k ow you are busy busy
    Life is too short.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast