Thread: need rpal to purchase parts?

need rpal to purchase parts?

I go for my Rpal test next weekend and eventually Ill be getting a ar15 probably from arms east, or building one myself. Anyways my question is do I need to have my RPAL already to buy a lower and start building it? or can I get a few parts before I get my RPAL?

Super Moderator
    The lower receiver requires a PAL with restricted endorsement. Everything else is just parts.

The lower is considered to be the firearm as well as it being serialized.

Certain retailers (I believe Questar is one example) require you to have a PAL in order to purchase parts but that is their store policy.

ahh ok, Just got a call from the firearms office, the class next weekend is full , unless someone backs out before next weekend I have to wait tell May to get my Rpal

It's worth the wait. Handguns are fun. Guaranteed you'll meet knowledgeable and interesting people at your local shooting club. Anyone getting a PAL should apply to take the restricted course at the same time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skeetgunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyCowboy View Post
    ahh ok, Just got a call from the firearms office, the class next weekend is full , unless someone backs out before next weekend I have to wait tell May to get my Rpal
    Can you find a local instructor and challenge the test? Its really not that hard and the study materials are available on-line for free.
    Skeetgunner
    CCFR, CSSA, DCRA, NRA, OFAH, ORA, SFCdT

"On days, like this. In times, like these. I feel an animal, deep in side."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MauserMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetgunner View Post
    Can you find a local instructor and challenge the test? Its really not that hard and the study materials are available on-line for free.
    x2 and you can download the restricted book in the legalese section.
    Please join and support CSSA
    CPC Member, http://www.conservative.ca
    E.E.S.A.

yes just challenge the exam if you have a good working knowledge of firearms.if you are a total newb then i suggest you take the course.download the .pdf files on the course,go over both books a few times,and call the cfc to find an examiner near you.it's $38.00(what i paid) and you should be out the door in less than 45 minutes.remember ACTS/PROVE and also ranges of the various handgun calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy View Post
    yes just challenge the exam if you have a good working knowledge of firearms.if you are a total newb then i suggest you take the course.download the .pdf files on the course,go over both books a few times,and call the cfc to find an examiner near you.it's $38.00(what i paid) and you should be out the door in less than 45 minutes.remember ACTS/PROVE and also ranges of the various handgun calibers.
    well I already payed for the course, Ill and my manual is on its way, I already did the test for the pal along time ago, I know the acts/prove off by heart but I dont know the ranges of the hand gun caliber, Ill read up on the manual all next week then try and challenge the test sunday