Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sellier & Bellot .22 LR Canadian Match Standard Velocity Target 40gr LRN

Tried in my semiautomatic. Recommend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosehead View Post
    I'm hovering around 500 rounds of this stuff through my Savage Arms Mark II G and it works like a charm. I might have had 1 failure to eject vs CCI ammo, fails to eject 1 out of 2.
    Wish they sold it by the pail.
    The MK2 has extraction problems, I wouldn't necessarily blame the ammo. Keep your bolt face clean and consider replacing the ejector, extractor and c-clip every few thousand rounds.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

I have shot a few boxes out of my t1x and a box threw my cz452. I would buy again. Moa at 50y for sure. Going to stretch it out

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretz5582 View Post
    I have shot a few boxes out of my t1x and a box threw my cz452. I would buy again. Moa at 50y for sure. Going to stretch it out
    Just so we're clear, you're saying ~½" groups at 50?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Thanks for the replies.
    I'll try some this weekend in my DAR and B14r

Going to be trying 3 boxes of this stuff this week with my bolt action Marlin
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    first i've heard of it, but I'll snag some if I see it. Won't mail order .22LR ammo I've never tried.

CGN Regular
    I have shot 200 rounds of this in my CZ457.
    16.5" barrel, Dlask Linear comp.
    It was a pretty windy day and I was shooting from a folding table rather than a bench but I was able to shoot about half of my groups MOA at 50.
    Had a friend shoot it in his SAKO and he was about 1.5 MOA at 300 on a calm day.
    My personal experience says that there are a few less than consistent rounds in there as I had nice groups going and then a flyer would show up.
    I also thought they sounded hotter and their POI was 1/2-3/4" higher than the RWS Target Rifle and Eley Contact I normally shoot.
    Website says 1066 and unfortunately I did not have a crono but I would call BS on that.
    Hoping to crono some this weekend.
    I also wasn't super happy with the lube used. I can normally switch between RWS, SK, Lapua, and Eley without really needing fouling rounds but it took 30 rounds to clear out whatever these leave behind.

I cant post pics but if you want some, you can PM me and I think I have some shots of my 5rd groups. I usually do take some.
    *FAIR WARNING* I LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS AND I EXPECT THE SAME.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    My experience with my 457 Varmint MTR and 455 stainless were basically the same as Beeron's. Decent groups but usually a flyer that would ruin it.

They're good for hunting accuracy. But they're not "match" ammo. I'd probably rank them above Winchester wildcat, federal blue box bulk, federal red box bulk, Aguila super extra lead and copper, and depending on which gun it's probably on par with CCI Standard Velocity.
    Last edited by stuckon308; 04-15-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Not bad shooting so far out of both pistol and rifle. It's no Eley Match by any means but on par with CCI Standard Velocity as mentioned above.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast