Page 107 of 121 FirstFirst ... 879799100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1209

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION -Shipment 2-

I wish I can still purchase blonde wood t81 folder. Missed one on EE a few weeks ago.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwy View Post
    Shanghai lockdown is probably going to push this shipment further back; I asked TI and they said June, but we'll see. I know that the second shipment was delayed far past the end of November because of the floods in B.C.
    lol… yeah, everything made in China gets shipped from one large single port in Shanghai. Do you know how big China is? Both North China Industries and China Poly Group are headquartered in Beijing… the manufacturing plants are all over China and there is 30+ major sea ports to choose from when exporting a product.
    Last edited by BeaverMeat; 04-19-2022 at 08:08 PM.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    lol… yeah, everything made in China gets shipped from one large single port in Shanghai. Do you know how big China is?
    I would think TI knows which port the rifles are coming from, which is why they mentioned that the lockdowns might cause a delay

Quote Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post
    I wish I can still purchase blonde wood t81 folder. Missed one on EE a few weeks ago.
    Ye after handling both I far prefer the finish on the blonde, but you can remedy that by sanding and refinishing the red.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    Now you are backing out already. The amnesty is already extended until almost end of next year.

I will list another one soon, should I keep you updated how much I get for that one?

Remark: Save the ink on your 1.2K offer this time, I appreciate it and sorry, you won't get a reply anyways.
    Meh… I can wait to buy another one retail. If not, oh well.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

I don’t understand all of the economically illiterate opinions being expressed about whether retail pricing on the Type 81 is too high or too low.

The value of any item for sale is exactly what a seller is willing to sell for and what a buyer is willing to buy for. A loaf of bread that costs pennies to produce is worth hundreds if not thousands in a severe food shortage. A flight to Shanghai that costs tens of thousands in jet fuel, wages and overhead/maintenance is worth next to nothing if the purchaser will be arbitrarily locked down and potentially starved to death upon arrival. The cost of producing these goods or services is irrelevant to the market value, except insofar as a supplier who charges too much may open up an opportunity for competitors to offer a comparable product of equal quality for a lower price (thereby eating the price gouger’s lunch)

The cost structure and profit margins of a private business such as Tactical Imports are the concern of the owners alone and are to be managed at their sole discretion. Same goes for resellers on the second-hand market. As a potential consumer, the decision to purchase is entirely yours to manage at your own discretion. If there is a meeting of the minds in terms of price, a deal can be made. If not, then don’t buy it.

If you think you can do better - either by developing your own international commercial relationships that allow you to import for less, or by buying from the same supplier but charging a lower markup while still covering your overhead, or by manufacturing an equal or better product right here in Canada while selling at a lower price point - then by all means set up a new business and take your best shot. The market will reward you handsomely if you’re actually able to deliver.

Full disclosure: I purchased a Type 81 Fixed Stock on E&E for $1400 and have no problem with what I paid. I have not sold my Type 81 rifle on E&E, nor do I ever intend to (though I will likely purchase more directly from Tactical Imports when the next shipment arrives).

RM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    lol… yeah, everything made in China gets shipped from one large single port in Shanghai. Do you know how big China is? Both North China Industries and China Poly Group are headquartered in Beijing… the manufacturing plants are all over China and there is 30+ major sea ports to choose from when exporting a product.
    i believe they make these in Chongching which is 1700 km inland from shanghai. diverting ship and containers to other ports still takes times then they have to compete with other companies doing the same.

btw, last month they second busiest port at Shenzhen was lockdown, i think they were recovering from that backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    i believe they make these in Chongching which is 1700 km inland from shanghai. diverting ship and containers to other ports still takes times then they have to compete with other companies doing the same.

btw, last month they second busiest port at Shenzhen was lockdown, i think they were recovering from that backlog.
    Container rates and availability are a disaster everywhere right now.

Global supply chains are as broken as they have ever been.

The lockdowns in China, which have currently been implemented in ~45 cities representing over 25% of the population, are making a bad situation even worse.

Anyone who says otherwise has limited experience in booking international/overseas shipping during the last year or two.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rtm View Post
    Container rates and availability are a disaster everywhere right now.

Global supply chains are as broken as they have ever been.

The lockdowns in China, which have currently been implemented in ~45 cities representing over 25% of the population, are making a bad situation even worse.

Anyone who says otherwise has limited experience in booking international/overseas shipping during the last year or two.
    agreed but you dont have to have experience to know any major port shuts down is gonna create havoc to the supply chain out of china.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    agreed but you dont have to have experience to know any major port shuts down is gonna create havoc to the supply chain out of china.
    You would think this is common sense, but it appears some people significantly underestimate the challenges of international shipping and logistics in an era of covid lockdowns, supply chain issues, runaway inflation, and global political instability.

I guess they figure the world looks small when viewed on Google Maps, so how hard can it really be to get a container from China to Canada????