Page 108 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8898100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1209

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION -Shipment 2-

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerwy View Post
    Shanghai lockdown is probably going to push this shipment further back; I asked TI and they said June, but we'll see. I know that the second shipment was delayed far past the end of November because of the floods in B.C.
    This is correct, shanghai office closed so we can't get domestic transport permit. We are hoping for June at the moment we'll see
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    This discussion was had before with TI and he insisted that the type 81 cost quite a bit more than an AK to manufacture. The non restricted receivers also must not be made from the same tooling as the ones with the fun switch (remember the on and off with the CZ 858?). So the start up costs were quite high. I cannot imagine how much a US buyer would pay for a type 81, a LMG preban went for over $30K US, how is that for a number. Even with 2 more shipments coming in, the number is still small, and the best of it - they work as they are supposed to. TI wants to flip them as fast as he can, so 1,200 ++ does the trick, for 1,400 or 1,500 we would probably still buy them, they just wouldn't move as fast, what else is out there???

I remember that a VZ58 was over 1,200 the last time they were legal, better quality, same fun. How much would those be today?
    This is correct, T81 cost double over AK. If AK's were ever allowed we would be able to retail here for 599. This is mostly due to small production runs, there are more setup costs and smaller economies of smalls with parts suppliers.

In any case the T81 is typically worth more on grey market; most people could buy, shoot for a year or and get rid of at a profit.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    Man I would love to pay 599 for an AK!
    Fn useless corrupt, cacksuckin government.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stevent View Post
    Ye after handling both I far prefer the finish on the blonde, but you can remedy that by sanding and refinishing the red.
    I did that. I actually like the finish now lol
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderWatch93 View Post
    I did that. I actually like the finish now lol
    You guys are aware that everybody was asking for a reddish brown colour when they first came out? The grass is always greener on the other side kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    You guys are aware that everybody was asking for a reddish brown colour when they first came out? The grass is always greener on the other side kind of thing.
    People liked the colour, I did, but when seeing and handling it felt and looks like a cheap plastic shell or painted wood. The original woof finish is undeniably better.

It wasn’t til I saw the new red ones that I thought I wanted one. I have to say I think I’d prefer the Blued metal to the phosphate? Finish on the new ones.
    "The Just Society will be one in which the rights of minorities will be safe from the whims of intolerant majorities."
    – Pierre Elliot Trudeau

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevent View Post
    People liked the colour, I did, but when seeing and handling it felt and looks like a cheap plastic shell or painted wood. The original woof finish is undeniably better.
    Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    It wasn’t til I saw the new red ones that I thought I wanted one. I have to say I think I’d prefer the Blued metal to the phosphate? Finish on the new ones.
    for me, its not the color of the wood, its the poor application, i had drips and spots on my red wood. on the metal, i prefer the blued. so IF there is another production run next year, maybe consider, mixing it up.... nicer finishing of red on the wood and blued metal. yeah baby!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    This is correct, shanghai office closed so we can't get domestic transport permit. We are hoping for June at the moment we'll see
    https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...ek-2022-04-25/

according to reuters, things arent getting better in shanghai. fear of beijing will be next.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    for me, its not the color of the wood, its the poor application, i had drips and spots on my red wood. on the metal, i prefer the blued. so IF there is another production run next year, maybe consider, mixing it up.... nicer finishing of red on the wood and blued metal. yeah baby!!!
    You can only hope they will fire the guy who puts the notches into the lower handguard.