Page 13 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION -Shipment 2-

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canadaguns1991 View Post
    I went with the fixed stock se just because the safety is on the left side. I had a folder from the first batch of special editions and the right side safety wouldn't allow the stock to fold all the way and it would make contact with the folding stock side panels.and also felt a little odd using my index finger to manage the safety
    That's so weird. Are you able to swap the safety to the other side?

There's a video up by Gnutzguy saying that the folders are permanently attached to the receiver(?) and that you cannot remove the folding stock, where as the fixed stock is held in by pins, which you can punch out and remove. He modified his rifle to take the magpul zhukov ak stock. I picked based on that.

CGN Regular
    I've seen ppl take off the folder. But it really makes no sense that the safety wont allow it to fold... so whats the point of a folder.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomAR View Post
    There's a video up by Gnutzguy saying that the folders are permanently attached to the receiver(?) and that you cannot remove the folding stock, where as the fixed stock is held in by pins, which you can punch out and remove. He modified his rifle to take the magpul zhukov ak stock. I picked based on that.
    But why? The folder on these along with the Poly Tech AKS/Norinco 56S-2 are perfectly sound designs. The AKS/56S-2 is a highly desirable Chinese AKs in the US because of the side folder.
    Last edited by BeaverMeat; 01-12-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Or you will be left with the LMG as your final option; they're still available. You're paying a premium over the rifle, but it would be better then paying a scalper, and you could get it pretty rifle-like by removing the bipod and carrying handle. Has anyone tried slippng a spare fixed wood stock from a rifle in the LMG to see if it fits? You can also put the Zhukov variable length of pull folder on the LMG. And you can get muzzle devices for it. It looks like the $50 accessory bundle discount also applies to the LMG, so you could get it out of the box with a pinned drum mag if that floats your canoe.
    a member here did a swap fixed stock to the lmg. if fits and really look better than the huge and ugly stock,.

Quote Originally Posted by canadaguns1991 View Post
    I went with the fixed stock se just because the safety is on the left side. I had a folder from the first batch of special editions and the right side safety wouldn't allow the stock to fold all the way and it would make contact with the folding stock side panels.and also felt a little odd using my index finger to manage the safety
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelarry View Post
    I've seen ppl take off the folder. But it really makes no sense that the safety wont allow it to fold... so whats the point of a folder.
    very strange do you have pictures of it? ok i found the issue but not as bad as you wrote.
    Last edited by medvedqc; 01-12-2022 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    But why? The folder on these along with the Poly Tech AKS/Norinco 56S-2 are perfectly sound designs. The AKS/56S-2 is a highly desirable Chinese AKs in the US because of the side folder.
    I am sure its a great design, functional too, however I just probably have poor taste lol, but I like the look of modern stocks. I'd also assume it a better cheek weld on a magpul stock though.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    very strange do you have pictures of it?
    There is a guy on youtube that shows the folder and fixed. The safety blocks the folder from folding complety since it's on the wrong side. The little wooden grips on the stock hits it.

CGN Regular
    Saying it doesnt fold is a bit ridiculous. It folds fine, just sticks up a few extra mm vs regular folders. Also if you engage the safety you can mitigate this further. But for the purpose of folding, that is, ease of transport, it has no negative effect whatsoever. I prefer the folders for ease of transport but also find they have a better cheek weld.

There is a guy on youtube that shows the folder and fixed. The safety blocks the folder from folding complety since it's on the wrong side. The little wooden grips on the stock hits it.
    you mean the 2 each side plastic parts. do not think they re in wood. look plastic to the touch and feeling on mine. maybe the varnish is doing that. but again not as bad as you said and folder is more confortable to shoot.