Page 34 of 121 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303132333435363738394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION -Shipment 2-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    Why buy the proprietary picatinny rail when u can just buy their Kobra mount and then equip a AK 1913 side mount ? Its more expensive cus they currently force u to buy the Kobra, but at least afterwards u have many options. Now that they have the Kobra rail it makes little sense for the 1913 one to exist.
    i see your logic buuuut spending $588 to get the AK $100 side plate doesnt make sense to me. yes, i may have more option but i dont need any more optic so what am i gonna do with the kobra, i cant sell it without the plate.

any who, my point was. now, for want ever reason you may have of wanting a pic rail, you have to buy a lmg.

What AK side plate? What does it look like, I saw a rail on aliexpress and it had an extra plate that I didn't know where it came from

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/He893ceb3...0Q90.jpg_.webp
    Last edited by Fieldcannon; 01-17-2022 at 01:26 AM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieldcannon View Post
    What AK side plate? What does it look like, I saw a rail on aliexpress and it had an extra plate that I didn't know where it came from

gotta drill and tap to use that plate not the same

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Yes, you have to drill and tap but it is not really that big of a deal, easier than doing it on the SKS. There is a video on youtube.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    But I am asking, why do some people want the safety on the left side? I prefer the right side. You are losing shooting position when operating the safety with the left hand. AK are right side too - never heard anybody complaining about it.

Also, OR rifles have an advantage, me as a minion was thinking. Grinding those pins off is easy peasy if you don't like them sticking out.

How long does shipping usually take, and do you provide a tracking number with orders ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    i see your logic buuuut spending $588 to get the AK $100 side plate doesnt make sense to me. yes, i may have more option but i dont need any more optic so what am i gonna do with the kobra, i cant sell it without the plate.

any who, my point was. now, for want ever reason you may have of wanting a pic rail, you have to buy a lmg.
    I am gonne drill and tap mine next week for an AK mount. And if Murray says $588 is cheap, he def has too much money- but does not want to pay greentips a few bucks for a dealer reg?

Did he ever get around offering his mount or is he just talk and prefers doing his wood work videos nobody ever is able to replicate?

Seriously, I like the type 81 but there is a reason there was only a limited market for it - but then VZ and CZ got the hammer.
    Last edited by scianna54; 01-17-2022 at 02:19 AM.

Yes drill it. Also if to use same picatinny as TI have, the picatinny will not work. The arch angle will not give you lock picatinny. TI plate 9mm thickness and aliexpress is one only 6mm. That 3mm give you clearance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    I am gonne drill and tap mine next week for an AK mount. And if Murray says $588 is cheap, he def has too much money- but does not want to pay greentips a few bucks for a dealer reg?

Did he ever get around offering his mount or is he just talk and prefers doing his wood work videos nobody ever is able to replicate?

Seriously, I like the type 81 but there is a reason there was only a limited market for it - but then VZ and CZ got the hammer.
    Im guessing theyll start to offer the Kobra mount separately from the Kobra soon. 200 dollar kobra mount vs 200 dollar fugly proprietary 1913 mount.... it will become a no brainer.
    Just saying it how it is.....

BANNED
    Lock this thread Lock this thread Lock this thread