Page 69 of 121 FirstFirst ... 495961626364656667686970717273747576777989 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION -Shipment 2-

CGN Regular
    Omg, handguard is loose again…..

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Spuhalsky View Post
    Will update after I pick up my package tomorrow afternoon. Haven't run into this issue before and I don't want to put blame anywhere it doesn't belong.
    Was able to get to the post office today. Can confirm they pulled all boxes of the same design from the shipper (Tactical Imports) after one got ran through the scanner and it was determined to be a firearm. The head of security at the location informed me that all firearms must be shipped in a locked container with a physical lock. Zip ties do not constitute a lock as per his determination.

He noted this is for all firearms shipped through Canada post. Small business or Large. Plastic/hardshelled non-transparent case with a padlock. He is sending a few back to Ontario as he cannot get a hold of the customers.

Good luck all.

Was able to get to the post office today. Can confirm they pulled all boxes of the same design from the shipper (Tactical Imports) after one got ran through the scanner and it was determined to be a firearm. The head of security at the location informed me that all firearms must be shipped in a locked container with a physical lock. Zip ties do not constitute a lock as per his determination.

He noted this is for all firearms shipped through Canada post. Small business or Large. Plastic/hardshelled non-transparent case with a padlock. He is sending a few back to Ontario as he cannot get a hold of the customers.

Good luck all.

Oh lovely.. good thing my order is still “order processing” lol
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    No point running from a gun fight, I ain't never seen someone outrun a bullet!

Good luck all.
    This is from June-14,2021 on Canada Post’s website, someone threw the book at those shipments:

When you ship firearms, you must:

Unload the firearms. There can’t be any ammunition in the firearm or in the package (bullets, cartridges, and other ammunition are dangerous goods).
    Attach a secure locking device to the firearms.
    Lock the firearms in a sturdy, non-transparent container.
    Remove the bolt or bolt carrier from any automatic firearms (if removable).

You can’t:
    Ship firearms via air
    Have any markings on the outside of the firearm packaging
    You’re solely responsible for meeting all government regulations.

Oh man, this is going to end up in a quest for a refund isn't it.

I knew i should have just bought a GSG lol
    “You know what they say ‘Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice… strike three.’”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HChammer View Post
    Oh lovely.. good thing my order is still “order processing” lol

Don't laugh yet. My account on TI still shows "order processing" and its now sitting in my safe.

Don't laugh yet. My account on TI still shows "order processing" and its now sitting in my safe.
    Did they at least email you, or was it Canada Post that called?
    “You know what they say ‘Fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice… strike three.’”

I’ll give the post office a call In the morning and see if they have something for me lol.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    No point running from a gun fight, I ain't never seen someone outrun a bullet!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar

Good luck all.
    Someone was being uppidy… probably just googled the shipper “oh, I don’t like those”. Was it a retail post office like shoppers? Because they don’t have any authority. I’ve been working relief for CP and I’ve handled tones of firearms and there has never been an issue. It’s easy to spot a firearm. You can spot a Cabela’s box across the the depot ffs.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Regular
    Hard to believe Canada Post is starting to pull shipments of firearms because they don't meet the guidelines. Retailers have been shipping firearms unlocked in cardboard boxes forever.