Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 556567686970717273747576777879808182838595 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION -Shipment 2-

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    17 T81s for sale in B.C. on Gunpost
    That's all of Canada.

Actually right now are less type 81 for sale than during the last 3 months. And check the prices.

You guys can wait forever for your $1,200 type 81 - maybe spend some time and energy making money instead so you can afford one.

Or buy a SKS - maybe you won't be able to even afford that one soon.

Today one sold on the EE within minutes "at cost" in Ontario, that would be $1,390 pick up.
    Last edited by scianna54; 01-28-2022 at 11:05 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syxtus View Post
    What is the average accuracy with type 81s using factory ammo, personally the best i got so far is just over 3 inch groups with Barnaul hp ammo
    It's not better than the SKS. I get that with Barnaul and open sights on my SKS. Not sure how accurate the HP is, I used FMJ.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    18 now out of a total 58 7.62x39 rifles
    All the ones I opened are in B.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    18 now out of a total 58 7.62x39 rifles
    All the ones I opened are in B.C.
    38 in all of Canada, not counting the LMG.

But prices are starting at 1,600 (to way over $2K) and no dealer has any, so that's a low number.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I counted the LMG
    Looks like if you want one you are going to pay a up charge

Got my rifles today and just finished cleaning them. I went with fixed OR because I heard the fixed was better QC than the folder. I got to say that they are better than expected. The wood is nicely finished and the fit is tight. The action is alright, I feel it’s going to smooth right out within a couple outings.

The cheek well on the fixed is tight using the irons, but it’s not uncomfortable. I haven’t decided yet if I’ll put an optic on one, but I plan on replacing the safety with a paddle AK clone with all of them because the 180 is awful.

I also have a triangle folder for one of them once I find a new rear trunnion.

Overall very happy with the purchase, anyone still waiting for theirs it’s definitely worth it. Going shooting tomorrow.

Name:  6AA1096D-7978-41B2-B959-CF92B51F23B2.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  87.7 KB

Went to attach my pic rail to the mount, opened it up and this spring comes flying out…… trying to get it back in but it’s a real pain, not sure what happened exactly as to why it came out. Unfortunately I deformed them spring trying to get it back in
    Last edited by Emshey; 01-29-2022 at 01:51 AM.

You backed out the retaining screw way to much thats what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Syxtus View Post
    You backed out the retaining screw way to much thats what happened.
    Nope did not even touch the retaining screw, was going to check how it fit with where it was set already, just opened the latch and heard something drop. Although maybe it was fairly backed out from factory and when I opened the latch it went for a ride. Might be able to find a spring from something else and try and get it back in.
    Last edited by Emshey; 01-29-2022 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emshey View Post
    Nope did not even touch the retaining screw, was going to check how it fit with where it was set already, just opened the latch and heard something drop. Although maybe it was fairly backed out from factory and when I opened the latch it went for a ride. Might be able to find a spring from something else and try and get it back in.
    I would suggest a trip to your local gunsmith, probably your cheapest and best option.