Page 84 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6474767778798081828384858687888990919294104 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLD OUT: TYPE 81 SPECIAL EDITION -Shipment 2-

Quote Originally Posted by colton12345 View Post
    Well looks like AK pattern Pmags fit with minimal cutting/modification! Hopefully they feed reliably
    Attachment 560875
    Wow interesting! Once you have the pmag was It easy to see what you need to remove? The steel mags are quite heavy and im not a fan.

Received mine the other day and couldn't be happier. Is it perfect? No, but some slightly imperfect wood doesn't make it less awesome. Love the combination of the darker wood colour and receiver finish. Personal preference but works for me. So glad I finally bought one after years of thinking about it. I smiled the whole time I shot it.
    Don’t let them treat us like criminals.

Member of the CCFR and IPSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thenoobgunsmith View Post
    Wow interesting! Once you have the pmag was It easy to see what you need to remove? The steel mags are quite heavy and im not a fan.
    Yea it’s pretty easy. Just need a small hack saw and a file to take away a bit of material at the front of the follower to clear the feed ramps. Also have to notch the back a bit like on the steel mags so it clears the little lever that holds the bolt open.

Of course the bolt hold open feature will not work. All in all took maybe 3 mins to make each mag fit

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    The bolt being phosphated instead of chrome is a bit annoying. Otherwise these are great rifles.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    The bolt being phosphated instead of chrome is a bit annoying. Otherwise these are great rifles.
    Agree, but it is what the Chinese love to do. Look at their SKS. I polished the bolt carrier on one of my SKS's. Not chrome but looks great.

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    Agree, but it is what the Chinese love to do. Look at their SKS. I polished the bolt carrier on one of my SKS's. Not chrome but looks great.
    Yeah, but the other type 81s had chrome bolts right?
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    Yeah, but the other type 81s had chrome bolts right?
    No, original bolt not chrome

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman24 View Post
    How's the condition of everyone's receivers?

I got mine in the mail today. Looked great out of the box initially. But upon closer inspection, my receiver is all scratched up. Upper handguard also has play up, down and side to side. Anybody else experience this?

https://imgur.com/a/ubq5JZ3
    Hard to tell from your pics, but those "scratches" look like a coat of oil might polish them off...I feel that the phosphate finish is going to be prone to scratches, but at the end of the day they are meant to be used...My 2017 upper hand guard has zero play my 2021 upper has some play. However, I have sks uppers, and vz58 uppers that have some play...I think its normal. Thats my thoughts.
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    Hard to tell from your pics, but those "scratches" look like a coat of oil might polish them off...I feel that the phosphate finish is going to be prone to scratches, but at the end of the day they are meant to be used...My 2017 upper hand guard has zero play my 2021 upper has some play. However, I have sks uppers, and vz58 uppers that have some play...I think its normal. Thats my thoughts.
    It's not oil. It's scratches and they all have them (I have enough of them to be quite sure, lol). I use perma blue paste to get them out, not 100 % but good enough. Amazon was the cheapest I could find. Only paste is good, not the liquid stuff.

Just widen the tabs on the upper hand guard, easy enough.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Will look like this, you can apply more in as many steps as you wish and it gets darker

Name:  perma blue touch up.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  44.1 KB