Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can you shoot a 410 in your 12 ga?

Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    Oh ive heard of them. What kind of an emergency would that be tho? Who pays double for 410 over 12 to store for an emergency?
    Some people have 410 but maybe ran out of 12... it's not unfathomable

BANNED
    And while I haven't priced out components, I would be absolutely shocked to discover bigger shells cost less to fill if you're rolling your own.

Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Some people have 410 but maybe ran out of 12... it's not unfathomable

Quote Originally Posted by Painkillers View Post
    Can it be used for .45 Colt?
    If you do some research you will see that this is not possible. I have an original savage four tenner, so I was curious about this and you definatly cannot shoot a 45LC from a four ten due to the bullet diameter
    Last edited by rhino62; 01-13-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    And while I haven't priced out components, I would be absolutely shocked to discover bigger shells cost less to fill if you're rolling your own.
    No one said that

Supreme Capital, Democratic People's Republic of Canuckistan
    I've been looking for a .22 adapter for a while that I can use in a pump gun. I've seen them, but have yet to be able to get my hands on one.

Accuracy at distance is a moot point for me as it's only use would be for finishing shots on coyotes when the dogs get to it before I do. I'll spare the details but suffice to say 12 gauge from 2 inches away isn't the best option. I carry a little cooey single shot in a scabbard on my back for such a purpose now but it would be nice to be able to just carry a little adapter in my pocket instead.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Great hunter. Yes? Fine figure of a man. Yes?
    Good. That is all you need to know. For now.

Accuracy and MV would be poor, but I guess it can be done.
    Andy

Since 1958

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I actually want this for training with my kids.

I have a bunch of old 410 ammo kicking around (and no gun to use it in) my younger kids are apprehensive of shooting 12ga.

This would let them get the feel of the 12ga gun but only have the recoil of the 410.
    With the goal of working up to the 12ga ammo when they are comfortable

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    These are made out of alluminum. No you cannot use larger calibers, period.

I remember a story from an old timer who said that a 30-30 round could be fired out of a 410. Go out grouse hunting and keep a 30-30 in your pocket. If the CO stops you, you are only bird hunting. See a deer, put a 30-30 round in and you are set? No not really.
    A 30-30 with no chamber pressure and a bore larger than the bullet will get you a few hundred feet per second at 25 yards of you are lucky combined with the accuracty of a throwing axe.

Making things work on platforms they are not designed for only works in some mechanics, sometimes.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 01-13-2022 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silen View Post
    I have a kit that I bought from a now defunct company about 12 years ago that has 7 inch rifle barrels and as long as you clock the inserts the same every time (made a mark on mine so I can) all of the calibers I have shoot about 3 to 7" at 15 to 20 yards every time and I have been using them for the last decade.
    Definitely by no means precision instruments but they are not meant to be and as far as a shtf scenario they definitely would be handy to get you to the bush taking care of nuisances along the way that would happen to have calibers you do not LOL.
    But I digress, they really are more just fun for ####s and giggles
    I had a 10" rifled 45 and 9mm.. Slapped it in a little DA backpacker. I just removed my ejector, and added couple more O rings. So when I opened the barrel. The insert stayed in.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Lol why tho? 410 is more expensive lol.
    Women, children, some smaller males unencumbered by their egos, are unnerved by shooting a 12ga.

Also, .410 is good for home defense.

Oh ive heard of them. What kind of an emergency would that be tho? Who pays double for 410 over 12 to store for an emergency?
    See above.
    "There is always another way." - Kwai Chang Caine

“The trouble with practical jokes is that they often get elected.” - Will Rogers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast