Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Type 87 upgraded Type 81 rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Longbranch1943 View Post
    Never heard of Canada having an embargo on Russian ammo imports could I see a source?
    He's wrong. Canada gets ammo from everywhere. Obama sanctioned Russia and Clinton banned Chinese gun imports, both obviously just for the USA.
    Once your ad sells, edit prefix from WTS to Pls Remove and change the title to SOLD by clicking go advanced. I'm tired of clicking on ten ads a day, only to see the word sold where the price was.
    -.45automatic

I know there was something with Russia Canada importation years back. I only found out when I bought a Baikal Makarov pistol from one of the CGN vendors. They apparently couldn't get any more firearms after the stock they currently had. I have no idea what the importing deal is these days though, but nothing I've seen since the other embargo happened between these 2 countries that tells me anything will get better...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Never heard of Canada having an embargo on Russian ammo imports could I see a source?
    Quote Originally Posted by .45automatic View Post
    He's wrong. Canada gets ammo from everywhere. Obama sanctioned Russia and Clinton banned Chinese gun imports, both obviously just for the USA.
    https://www.international.gc.ca/worl....aspx?lang=eng

find me one new baikal shotgun received in 2021 ... state entities cannot ship ammo or firearms ... baikal or barnaul are affected by the embargo ...

Quote Originally Posted by medvedqc View Post
    https://www.international.gc.ca/worl....aspx?lang=eng

find me one new baikal shotgun received in 2021 ... state entities cannot ship ammo or firearms ... baikal or barnaul are affected by the embargo ...
    Perfect. I didn't realize the NATO wide embargo included everything. Thanks for sharing the source, looks like not a whole lot of people knew about this. Good to know. Looks like a potential type 87 would need to be in 5.56x45 to be relatively successful

CGN Regular
    Ain't gonna happen, if anything a semi auto 5.56 version of QBZ191 could happen but these historical prototype guns will never get an order as there are no tooling or production pipeline for these.Heck we can't even get a prototype T81 keymod handguard to get made in bulk order let alone an old prototype rifle.

Perfect. I didn't realize the NATO wide embargo included everything. Thanks for sharing the source, looks like not a whole lot of people knew about this. Good to know. Looks like a potential type 87 would need to be in 5.56x45 to be relatively successful
    yes it is hard to follow but economic embargo is the one trying to push russian troops away ... i spoke with russians from ukraine in a daily basis and putin will not back down. to bypass it you need to find belarus ammo and someone to ship it ...

the .223 /5.56x45 will be a better option with mags and ammo available everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkWei View Post
    Ain't gonna happen, if anything a semi auto 5.56 version of QBZ191 could happen but these historical prototype guns will never get an order as there are no tooling or production pipeline for these.Heck we can't even get a prototype T81 keymod handguard to get made in bulk order let alone an old prototype rifle.
    that can be another interesting option and it is not an ar15 so more politically accepted lol ....

It's litterally a type 81-1 folder in different furniture and a different caliber albight the gas block is extended. We got the QBZ 97 in 5.56 and with a different magazine system. Stuff can happen. Not a whole lot of people thought we could get a kalashnikov variant in Canada yet we have the type 81 and the valmet. Yes getting a type 87 is probably not likely but nothing is impossible. The whole point of this threat is to guage interest if it was possible, I.e. get tac imports to ask the factory if the technical data still exists. It's not meant to be a cesspool of naysayers.

As for the QBZ 191, I would think we should start with the QBU 191 designated marksman variant. It would definitely be semi auto already, and I dont think barrel length would be and issue for importation. Probably the easiest variant to import in the near future

It's litterally a type 81-1 folder in different furniture and a different caliber albight the gas block is extended. We got the QBZ 97 in 5.56 and with a different magazine system. Stuff can happen. Not a whole lot of people thought we could get a kalashnikov variant in Canada yet we have the type 81 and the valmet. Yes getting a type 87 is probably not likely but nothing is impossible. The whole point of this threat is to guage interest if it was possible, I.e. get tac imports to ask the factory if the technical data still exists. It's not meant to be a cesspool of naysayers.
    so true if you do not ask you will never know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast