Type 87 upgraded Type 81 rifle

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi I thought I might throw out the mention of this rifle and wanted to gauge interest in it. This is the 'tactical' version of the type 81 that lots of people seem to be trying to replicate through stuff like magpul zhukov furniture. More specifically the type 87 was a prototype based on the type 81 built to test the Chinese 5.8 cartridge. This is a gun that could be brought into canadian market in 5.56x45, a caliber I have seen a couple people request the type 81 in. It could also potentially be one of the first 5.45x39 NR rifles in canada which could allow for ak 74 mag usability similar to how people have been modifying AKM mags for the type 81. I know the type 81 order was piggybacked on an existing military order, but I thought I would bring this up as it seems like a good alternative to those who want a 'tactical' ak type rifle. Let me know what yall think. I think this rifle could be attainable if there was enough interest as it is basically a type 81 with different furniture and in a different caliber.
https://images.app.goo.gl/RPS5TmxL3mSC1N5T8

long branch: the type 81 came from the factory available with ak47 mag and i do not know why ti did not do it? because of the name or it was the only option available that day: we will never know.

for the rest i like that way it is.

I don't think they have any tooling left for this rifle, it was an evolutionary dead end. We might have more chance of getting them to export the newer ones like the QBZ-191

As long as the technical data and tooling for the type 81 still exists, the type 87 is possible. The reciever and sight system is IDENTICAL to the type 81-1 folder. The only difference is that the trigger guard and mag release are combined, the furniture is different, the dust cover is stamped differently and the caliber is different. The stamping for the reciever and trunnion layout is identical. It's not a hard rifle to recreate and it meets the criteria that many people on here have been asking for. The QBZ 191 is china's BRAND NEW service rifle. I think they would be more worried about military contracts rather than civilian ones. Just thought I'd throw the concept out there.

I know there was something with Russia Canada importation years back. I only found out when I bought a Baikal Makarov pistol from one of the CGN vendors. They apparently couldn't get any more firearms after the stock they currently had. I have no idea what the importing deal is these days though, but nothing I've seen since the other embargo happened between these 2 countries that tells me anything will get better...

Never heard of Canada having an embargo on Russian ammo imports could I see a source?

He's wrong. Canada gets ammo from everywhere. Obama sanctioned Russia and Clinton banned Chinese gun imports, both obviously just for the USA.

https://www.international.gc.ca/wor...ionales/sanctions/russia-russie.aspx?lang=eng

find me one new baikal shotgun received in 2021 ... state entities cannot ship ammo or firearms ... baikal or barnaul are affected by the embargo ...

https://www.international.gc.ca/wor...ionales/sanctions/russia-russie.aspx?lang=eng

find me one new baikal shotgun received in 2021 ... state entities cannot ship ammo or firearms ... baikal or barnaul are affected by the embargo ...

Perfect. I didn't realize the NATO wide embargo included everything. Thanks for sharing the source, looks like not a whole lot of people knew about this. Good to know. Looks like a potential type 87 would need to be in 5.56x45 to be relatively successful

Ain't gonna happen, if anything a semi auto 5.56 version of QBZ191 could happen but these historical prototype guns will never get an order as there are no tooling or production pipeline for these.Heck we can't even get a prototype T81 keymod handguard to get made in bulk order let alone an old prototype rifle.

Perfect. I didn't realize the NATO wide embargo included everything. Thanks for sharing the source, looks like not a whole lot of people knew about this. Good to know. Looks like a potential type 87 would need to be in 5.56x45 to be relatively successful

yes it is hard to follow but economic embargo is the one trying to push russian troops away ... i spoke with russians from ukraine in a daily basis and putin will not back down. to bypass it you need to find belarus ammo and someone to ship it ...

the .223 /5.56x45 will be a better option with mags and ammo available everywhere.

Ain't gonna happen, if anything a semi auto 5.56 version of QBZ191 could happen but these historical prototype guns will never get an order as there are no tooling or production pipeline for these.Heck we can't even get a prototype T81 keymod handguard to get made in bulk order let alone an old prototype rifle.

that can be another interesting option and it is not an ar15 so more politically accepted lol ....

It's litterally a type 81-1 folder in different furniture and a different caliber albight the gas block is extended. We got the QBZ 97 in 5.56 and with a different magazine system. Stuff can happen. Not a whole lot of people thought we could get a kalashnikov variant in Canada yet we have the type 81 and the valmet. Yes getting a type 87 is probably not likely but nothing is impossible. The whole point of this threat is to guage interest if it was possible, I.e. get tac imports to ask the factory if the technical data still exists. It's not meant to be a cesspool of naysayers.

As for the QBZ 191, I would think we should start with the QBU 191 designated marksman variant. It would definitely be semi auto already, and I dont think barrel length would be and issue for importation. Probably the easiest variant to import in the near future

It's litterally a type 81-1 folder in different furniture and a different caliber albight the gas block is extended. We got the QBZ 97 in 5.56 and with a different magazine system. Stuff can happen. Not a whole lot of people thought we could get a kalashnikov variant in Canada yet we have the type 81 and the valmet. Yes getting a type 87 is probably not likely but nothing is impossible. The whole point of this threat is to guage interest if it was possible, I.e. get tac imports to ask the factory if the technical data still exists. It's not meant to be a cesspool of naysayers.

so true if you do not ask you will never know.

Back
Top Bottom