Quote Originally Posted by Triggered. View Post
    Had it for a couple of years now.
    About 1K rounds.
    A nice range gun.
    Requires a break in period.
    Trigger is ok.
    Upper is alloy, lower is polymer.
    Comes with 3 chokes.
    A little bit on a heavy side, but feels very good when shouldered.
    Has minor recoil. Has a rubber pad as well. I think the recoil is less than FD-12 once. Or is it just the rubber pad difference. FD-12 gave me a "kick" in a cheek with aluminium stock, which HG-105 didn't.
    The charging handle - can be switched for both of sides in no time. Also, when it locks back on an empty magazine / or if I choose to do it, it could flop around. Kind of an issue, but never bothered me too much.
    Easy to disassemble, however there's a couple of parts / spots where you have to "firmly encourage it".
    Has flip up plastic sights, which are useless imho. When choosing red dot - should be a higher up one.
    Mag's drop free (in mine). Mag's change is ok, just slower.
    Slamfire - had it once. Not sure what to suggest about it. Just be aware of this possibility and keep the muzzle in a safe direction all the time.
    Adjustable cheek pad tends to rise itself after a few shots. It might interfere with target inquisition. The solution is - to tighten it with tool or simply to take it off.
    The paper manual comes with is very simple. I wish it would have comprehensive detailed digital file.
    Another thing, it is intended for 3" shells as per manual. It is taking 2.75 cheapest shells after break in period. But kind of inconsistent. Sometimes a few mag's in a row with no issue. Sometimes jams every mag. It is different comparable to FD-12 for instance, which takes whatever cheapest ammo flawlessly in my experience. Comes with a nice green padded soft case. That's my experience. No regrets with purchasing this gun.
    Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the input. Decided to pull the trigger on one. I do have a question though.... is the firing pin on yours free floated. Or does it have a return spring? Slamfires may be caused by firing pin inertia if it lacks a spring or an existing spring is too weak.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHOOTZ View Post
    Haha ya I was just going back over the website and saw that too thanks.. the hunting gear guy did a review on them Hima arms HG-105 same darn shotgun by the looks of it and he said his came with 2 5 round mags "the link off his youtube video takes you directly to the TI site so I wonder why the pulled a mag out of the package
    Not quite sure why they would do that. My best guess is so they can sell and extra 45 buck mag. Worked to, I bought 3 extras. Plan on running the piss outta this thing
    Last edited by Longbranch1943; 01-16-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    We had one shipment with a couple issues of firing pins falling out -the firing pin retainer pin wasn't seated all the way, this was likely the cause of any slamfires. Although can only recall one instance of a reported slamfire
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longbranch1943 View Post
    Not quite sure why they would do that. My best guess is so they can sell and extra 45 buck mag. Worked to, I bought 3 extras. Plan on running the piss outta this thing
    We can sell with two two mags for 745 or with one mag for 699. We'd rather leave it up to customers to decide which accessories they'd like
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We had one shipment with a couple issues of firing pins falling out -the firing pin retainer pin wasn't seated all the way, this was likely the cause of any slamfires. Although can only recall one instance of a reported slamfire
    If you read back on the previous HG 105 thread, 2 folks reported having slam fires. The fellow who commented above also had a slamfire. Do the guns have firing pin springs TI?

Edit: after reviewing some footage from the hunting gear guys video review on the HG 105, it appears the firing pin is spring-loaded. Makes sence that if the retainer pin came out a slam fire could happen.
    Last edited by Longbranch1943; 01-17-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    i had a slam fire on mine
    opened the action, put a target load into the chamber manually and pressed the slide release while pointed downwards in a safe direction and it slam fired on me, sacred the heck out of me lol

i havent shot it since

still a great little shotty tho, can happen to any free floated firing pin firearm i guess, i will inspect mine to see what the firing pin looks like and if the retainer pin let go as stated above, thanks for the information
    Last edited by d4l3k; 01-17-2022 at 12:02 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Things I don't really like are:

- pistol grip is not AR compatible.
    - the cheek riser is trash I had it on another shotgun.
    - the magtube cap is cheap looking the same ones are on the budget Turkish guns.
    - why does it have to say READ OWNERS MANUAL BEFORE USE in huge letters on both sides of the lower? Dumb...
    - no confirmation if they accept user abundant MK12 mags.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Things I don't really like are:

- pistol grip is not AR compatible.
    - the cheek riser is trash I had it on another shotgun.
    - the magtube cap is cheap looking the same ones are on the budget Turkish guns.
    - why does it have to say READ OWNERS MANUAL BEFORE USE in huge letters on both sides of the lower? Dumb...
    - no confirmation if they accept user abundant MK12 mags.
    Yes I wish I could throw a different grip on it once I get it but oh well. And I'm sure the READ OWNERS MANUAL stuff is there for legal protection incase you know the thing slam fires and blows a fools toe off that can't keep his muzzle direction under control.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longbranch1943 View Post
    Yes I wish I could throw a different grip on it once I get it but oh well. And I'm sure the READ OWNERS MANUAL stuff is there for legal protection incase you know the thing slam fires and blows a fools toe off that can't keep his muzzle direction under control.
    Yeah I agree, but the liability disclaimer could be minimized or put somewhere else on the gun. It's egregious.
    I've owned enough pistol grip shotguns to know that I could never shoot this one enjoyably. Shotgun manufacturers have to start making grips that you can either customize or with a straighter angle drop from factory.
    I'm not shooting this off a bench I don't need that slanted grip, it's also not the most comfortable during heavy recoil when positioned that way.
    Needs to be less of a 45° and more of a 90°
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast