Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: IN-STOCK: HG-105 Bullpup 12GA

Recieved my HG 105 ans here is my experience out of the box with 40 3" magnum #4, and a mix of 60 various high and low brass skeet and bird loadings down the barrel. Lots of good one bad. Bad news first. The Allan screw securing the handguard retainer pin backed off and the pin got jammed int charging handle return spring. This partially deformed the spring and now the handle won't fully go forward (about 5 mm). Gun still chambers and charging handle still operates but this is still worth noting. I would strongly suggest applying locktite to every little retainer screw possible. Now the good. These guns aren't even advertised as coming with quick detach ironsights but they do. In TIs photos the gun is shown with Phillips head screws which needed to be undone to remove the iron sights. This was a turnoff for me when I bought the gun. To my surprise I recieved irons that had push button release mechanisms installed. No ugly Phillips head screws. Further more some people say the sights are garbage but they are litterally magpul backup irons and come with 2 aperture sizes. I find that they are both suitable and that the largest is very easy to locate quickly, it reminds me alot of my no4 enfields battle sight which I really enjoy. Reliability. Many people have said that these guns need a 100 round break in period. I had 1 failure to feed in the first 100 rounds although it should be mentioned that I ran 40 magnums through it first with factory lube. With magnums it kicks hard but not like my ks7 which a f**king mule. With standard 7 1/2 bird shot the gun is very enjoyable and shoots as nicely. It is an 8 pound semi after all. It points nicely and I will definitely use this for skeet as it has threaded chokes and an 18.6 inch barrel. As for ergonomics I will first say that the gun is for right handers. The safety is placed well and is easily switched to fire without breaking your grip. The mag release is easily reachable with your palm on the polymer magazine section and are as advertised drop free. Insertion is smooth and can be done fairly quickly ad magwell has a slight flare. Cheek riser stays in place while firing when hand tight unlike in previous versions. Easy dissembly and reassembly no complaints there. Charging handle is very easy to switch. AFG is also a very nice addition as it comes with a finger/barricade stop for CQB engagements. Checked locking lugs and rececess after shooting and found no signs of compromising (any gun should be no different). The lug recesses did have some slight carbon accumulation already so keep them cleaned after every 750-1000 rounds probably. Finally I threw a round into the chamber and hit the bolt release while pointed down range to see what the primer indentation would look like and it was very minimal. Firing pin is spring loaded so I would suggest keeping the firing pin assembly clean as to prevent slam fires as I wouldnt be surprised if that was the reason others where having them. Aside from the retainer pin issue I give this gun an initial review of 9 out of 10.

annnnnd its gone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We had one shipment with a couple issues of firing pins falling out -the firing pin retainer pin wasn't seated all the way, this was likely the cause of any slamfires. Although can only recall one instance of a reported slamfire
    Did you notify all the buyers from that shipment?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    Yeah I agree, but the liability disclaimer could be minimized or put somewhere else on the gun. It's egregious.
    I've owned enough pistol grip shotguns to know that I could never shoot this one enjoyably. Shotgun manufacturers have to start making grips that you can either customize or with a straighter angle drop from factory.
    I'm not shooting this off a bench I don't need that slanted grip, it's also not the most comfortable during heavy recoil when positioned that way.
    Needs to be less of a 45° and more of a 90°
    The 105 grip is fixed as you point out, it's also not as angled as the stock grip on the FD12.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Forgot to bump this, we have a few units in stock at the moment
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by d4l3k View Post
    i had a slam fire on mine
    opened the action, put a target load into the chamber manually and pressed the slide release while pointed downwards in a safe direction and it slam fired on me, sacred the heck out of me lol

i havent shot it since

still a great little shotty tho, can happen to any free floated firing pin firearm i guess, i will inspect mine to see what the firing pin looks like and if the retainer pin let go as stated above, thanks for the information
    That is why it slamfired.
    There are guys on youtube reporting the same thing.

These are not meant to be single loaded.

The act of stripping the shell from the magazine slows the bolt down to the point that it will not slamfire.

The firing pins are massive on these things...even though it is spring loaded, I could see the mass of this pin overpowering the spring through innertia, when coming to a fast stop from faster than usual moving bolt.
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234