Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walther PDP SD Pro

I signed up for the PDP SD Pro pre-order, but just now said screw it and went ahead and pushed the 'order' button on the regular PDP which was showing as available on the site (at least I hope it's still there... the system took my money, but with the ephemeral nature of online inventory systems who knows if I'll be successful). Anyway, if there wasn't any urgency, then I would wait for the SD Pro arrival. The upgrades are worth a few months wait. However, I've decided the SD Pro isn't worth the gamble in wait time, seeing as how it's now or never with our current gov't. Can't risk not getting a PDP at all. So in the end, my calculus is to get the PDP that is available now (better a bird in hand...), and make my own tricked out DIY "semi-pro" with aftermarket upgrades. Their competition trigger, a nice matching mag well and backstrap, and I'll be good to go. I won't miss the threaded barrel (I think it looks better without it).
    Last edited by CA125; 06-21-2022 at 09:47 PM. Reason: typo

I did the same and pulled the trigger on a compact...although I might still pick up a SD Pro if I can

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CA125 View Post
    I signed up for the PDP SD Pro pre-order, but just now said screw it and went ahead and pushed the 'order' button on the regular PDP which was showing as available on the site (at least I hope it's still there... the system took my money, but with the ephemeral nature of online inventory systems who knows if I'll be successful). Anyway, if there wasn't any urgency, then I would wait for the SD Pro arrival. The upgrades are worth a few months wait. However, I've decided the SD Pro isn't worth the gamble in wait time, seeing as how it's now or never with our current gov't. Can't risk not getting a PDP at all. So in the end, my calculus is to get the PDP that is available now (better a bird in hand...), and make my own tricked out DIY "semi-pro" with aftermarket upgrades. Their competition trigger, a nice matching mag well and backstrap, and I'll be good to go. I won't miss the threaded barrel (I think it looks better without it).

yup, good move given the situation

CGN Regular
    Is the "Batch 2" pre-orders estimated to arrive in summer or fall? Just trying to figure out if I should go with the PDP or take the risk and wait for the SD pro

Tagged
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    We'll have more info soon.

Quote Originally Posted by db17 View Post
    I did the same and pulled the trigger on a compact...although I might still pick up a SD Pro if I can
    Keeping my fingers crossed for the Pro but I did order a grey PDP and 22 WMP.

PDP Green and Grey arrived yesterday. PDP SD PRO and WMP are due end of July/August
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

They are scheduled to arrive July 28th.

CGN Regular
    Awesome, thanks for the information. I will wait for the PDP Pro.