Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Shot Show Special,$799 For 2000 rds FEDERAL AMERICAN EAGLE 9MM 115 GR FMJ

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    and bacon is almost 2X what it was 3 years go.... its not the last link in the chain setting the prices
    That's why I pretty clearly stated Importers and manufacturers.
    I am almost 100% sure that Solely is neither.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    This "nightmare" wont end. Dont like borrowing their catchphrase, but this is the new normal.
    Lol of course it will end. This cycle repeats itself over and over. Something crazy happens (Be it political, pandemic, a combination of things, whatever) and demand spikes. Supply can't keep up, and the common stuff gets scarce (9mm, .223, common components like small pistol primers, popular powders, etc), and prices go through the roof. Manufacturers ramp up supply as much as they can, and EVENTUALLY supply catches up with demand after the hoarders are satisfied. Suppliers continue to produce at record rates until there is a surplus, and then prices come down.

This is why we were able to buy $300 cases of bulk .223 and $180 cases of 9mm a few years ago. These prices are not "the new normal", and there's something stupid about the people that use that ridiculous phrase.
    Last edited by Scotty454; 01-19-2022 at 05:48 PM.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by trimeal1 View Post
    Also, you accidentally made a succinct point, it is only a hobby up here, which makes it all the more painful.
    [snip]

lol how is working for Hornady?
    It wasn't accidental. Working for Hornady? I should be so lucky.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trimeal1 View Post
    Correction/Clarification.
    My most recent batch was 1000 Federal Champion 9mm AL rounds for $251.99 [After Tax] from GoTenda (Mar 2020) ($0.251/pr)
    My second most recent batch was 2000 Federal Champion 9mm AL rounds for $398.99 [After Tax] from GoTenda (Nov 2019) ($0.199/pr)

The purchases were pretty close together so the average cost of the 9mm in my ammo closet is $0.216/rnd. vs $0.419/rnd.
    So yeah, almost exactly 2x.
    Not trying to be an ####### but you're also comparing Aluminum cased ammo with brass cased. Different material, different price.

But I would still say 100% more than in 2019. Wish it was the 7% inflation instead of this lol

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Lol of course it will end. This cycle repeats itself over and over. Something crazy happens (Be it political, pandemic, a combination of things, whatever) and demand spikes. Supply can't keep up, and the common stuff gets scarce (9mm, .223, common components like small pistol primers, popular powders, etc), and prices go through the roof. Manufacturers ramp up supply as much as they can, and EVENTUALLY supply catches up with demand after the hoarders are satisfied. Suppliers continue to produce at record rates until there is a surplus, and then prices come down.

This is why we were able to buy $300 cases of bulk .223 and $180 cases of 9mm a few years ago. These prices are not "the new normal", and there's something stupid about the people that use that ridiculous phrase.
    Except this times, manufacturers have said they won't ramp up supply like they did years ago. Instead of investing in more manufacturing capacity they instead decided to shift production from rarer calibers to the more common 9mm, 223 ones. It means prices won't go down when it's back to normal since there won't ever be any extra supply in the foreseeable future. Just more availability of calibers.

Anyway, that's my take on it with as little information as I have.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Inflation isn't something that just goes away. Pop is not longer a nickel at the dollar store, and it's not coming back.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Inflation isn't something that just goes away. Pop is not longer a nickel at the dollar store, and it's not coming back.
    A lot of cope in this thread. I didn't realize gun owners are such broke asses.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
    Bureaucracy not an instrument of democratic government but, on the contrary, the worst enemy of freedom and democracy.
    If the penalty for a crime is a fine, then that law only applies to the poor.

I bought 4000 round of 124gr brass blaser for $225 -250ish/thou in 2019 so he's not wildly off
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Anyone in GTA wants to split a case?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12