Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiKhaos View Post
    looks like you can just install the shell holders on either side
    bingo
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Yes, thank you!

As traditional-minded as I am, it didn't take much for me to embrace the original stainless SBL levergun and fall in love with it.

But, wow...I can't imagine what would make me want to install this ugly spud on my rifle. Wasteful and expensive billet-machining means it won't be cheap. Will it be lighter than the wood stock? It's definitely going to suck the heat out of your hands quickly in cold weather.

Apparently the recoil pad will be adjustable up and down, although LOP looks fixed. Why did they use a recoil pad that looks as though it was unscrewed from the back of an old bolt gun? It honestly appears as though somebody built it in their garage using junk from their parts bin.

Funny how folks were laughing at that goofy tactical levergun that Mossberg used to make...but they're treating this thing as though it will be the next hot thing. Personally, I can't see much to choose between them; they both look like crap, IMHO.
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnwm View Post
    As traditional-minded as I am, it didn't take much for me to embrace the original stainless SBL levergun and fall in love with it.

But, wow...I can't imagine what would make me want to install this ugly spud on my rifle. Wasteful and expensive billet-machining means it won't be cheap. Will it be lighter than the wood stock? It's definitely going to suck the heat out of your hands quickly in cold weather.

Apparently the recoil pad will be adjustable up and down, although LOP looks fixed. Why did they use a recoil pad that looks as though it was unscrewed from the back of an old bolt gun? It honestly appears as though somebody built it in their garage using junk from their parts bin.

Funny how folks were laughing at that goofy tactical levergun that Mossberg used to make...but they're treating this thing as though it will be the next hot thing. Personally, I can't see much to choose between them; they both look like crap, IMHO.

Absolutely agree John. It’s fugly for sure.

In saying that, to each their own.

The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Regular
    I do own two Marlin 45-70's and have put Mid West M-lok handguard's on both of them....I do like the functionality of being able to install accessories on them and the way they look. But as some have pointed out, aluminum sucks the heat out of your hand in cold weather, so I put some Magpul rail covers on the area where your hand would be and it was the cure for the problem.
    Maybe something like that could be incorporated into this design for the pistol grip area, or even some type of rubber grip like Hogue. My 2 cents.
    Free the West

You guys don’t like wood stocks anymore?
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

Quote Originally Posted by DinduNuffin View Post
    I do own two Marlin 45-70's and have put Mid West M-lok handguard's on both of them....I do like the functionality of being able to install accessories on them and the way they look. But as some have pointed out, aluminum sucks the heat out of your hand in cold weather, so I put some Magpul rail covers on the area where your hand would be and it was the cure for the problem.
    Maybe something like that could be incorporated into this design for the pistol grip area, or even some type of rubber grip like Hogue. My 2 cents.
    The MI handguard is a nice clean design...still not beautiful, but it looks functional and simple which gives it a certain stark charm (unlike this stock). I have no interest in adding any accessories and so won't put up with the cold foregrip, but I can why some people might.

But the Chisel buttstock...which really puts the "butt" into buttstock...looks both ugly and impractical. Machining it to accept some commonly available synthetic grip panels would have been an improvement from a comfort standpoint, or they could even have offered their own proprietary non-metallic grips. I suppose you could wrap the grip area with hockey tape or something; maybe even slip on one of those Pachmayr or Hogue rubber grip sleeves designed for pistols.

So...ugly, uncomfortable, expensive, heavy (various sources say 3 ro 6 ounces heavier than wood), and begging for still more weight and wartiness added to make it useable. What's not to like?
    Eat right, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, get lots of sleep...and die anyway!

If you want to buy it, say "I'll take it".
    If you want to make an offer, say "I'll take it for $X".
    If you want to practice your negotiating skills by asking if I will accept $X, with no intention of actually buying...say nothing.

CGN frequent flyer
    Depends what you are doing, shooting stout loads, though in my case the province of the 1886, the Marlin always needed a little extra weight, and the popular infused stocks are also heavier.

I don't like ammo on the stock, but then it is Canada where they proudly allow you to carry an unloaded rifle for bear defense at least where I am, so side loaded is hot. The original stocks don't work that well on the optics people seem to like, which includes a lot of the higher aperture sights that are scabbed onto high rails, and also the scout set ups, or red dots. I have used metal shaft ice tools waterfall ice climbing, so a metal stock does not seem an impossibility, finally a justification for those slow loops, gloves, and all that.

Primarily it is toys for boys, but what isn't in the gun market.

I guess people are confident this is all going to fit the Rugers.

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    Now I don’t have everything…again!
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Chrome lined?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast