Left side 90-degree safety for T81...?

CobraGT

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 99.6%
258   1   1
Looking at my T81s, they are pretty decent rifles with the exception of the ####ty 180-degree safety. I've already modified mine to a 90-degree throw from 'fire' to 'safe', which helps, but it's still not ideal as 'safe' is up and 'fire' is forward. It should be the opposite. It appears it would be easy to manufacture a replacement with AR-style positions for 'safe' and 'fire' (ie pointing forward for safe and up for fire). I'd buy four of them if they were available. Is anyone else interested??

Looking at my T81s, they are pretty decent rifles with the exception of the ####ty 180-degree safety. I've already modified mine to a 90-degree throw from 'fire' to 'safe', which helps, but it's still not ideal as 'safe' is up and 'fire' is forward. It should be the opposite. It appears it would be easy to manufacture a replacement with AR-style positions for 'safe' and 'fire' (ie pointing forward for safe and up for fire). I'd buy four of them if they were available. Is anyone else interested??

Gif or pic please?

Ambi AR style with 90-degree selector

Great idea... a right-hand 90-degree selector (with safe forward and fire upward) drilled and tapped on the left side for a left-side lever (like the AR ambi selectors) would be ideal. That way the left-side lever could be removed if one wanted to mount the plate for the pic rail.

TNA, any chance of this??

Last edited:

I've got something in the works, posting updates in the T81 modification forum :cool::cool:

Is this happening? since i have totally committed to the T81 as my go-to platform I need a solution for this!!! Anyone care to share how they modded the OG safety, I considered just grinding a flat spot on the barrel?

Back
Top Bottom