Thread: Pictures rotating

Pictures rotating

I am a team member and am wondering why when I post pictures with the CGN membership that some are rotated half a turn ?
    Any ideas what I am doing wrong.
    When I open them before uploading to CGN they are correct.
    Thanks Reb

Try cropping your photo. Mine use to do the same. This site posts the widest part of your pictures horizontally so I usually cut the top and bottom out. Some people are turning their camera/phones on their side which helps. Look up the sticky on picture posting. It helped me.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

There is no "up" sensor on the forum. While your smart phone may always show it in the correct orientation (knowing what position your phone was in when you took the pic) the forum will show it in the orientation your PHONE WAS and not your picture. Much like if you take a video with your smart phone sideways: playback on your TV will be sideways (meaning the video is displayed with a 90 rotation) despite showing correctly on your phone.

If your picture loads sideways you can save it again in the correct orientation and reload it (does not always work on older phones though).
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

Thanks