Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920

Thread: Alberta Queens' Bench spanks the fed re: S74 jurisdiction

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Did the AGC appeal the upheld Fradsham decision?
    Was there ever a doubt?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Was there ever a doubt?
    Not really. Just hope. It would have been nice, thats all. But no, there was no doubt that they would appeal. And there was no doubt that they would wait until the last possible minute to file it. And there was no doubt that their Notice of Appeal would be nonsense.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Not really. Just hope. It would have been nice, thats all. But no, there was no doubt that they would appeal. And there was no doubt that they would wait until the last possible minute to file it. And there was no doubt that their Notice of Appeal would be nonsense.
    How long until the appeal is ruled upon do you think Cameron?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    How long until the appeal is ruled upon do you think Cameron?
    My Palentir has been rather mirky every time I try to see into the future of Canadian court actions. Resorting to my magic 8 ball doesn't provide any better clarity.

The Alberta Court of Appeal has reviewed the AGCs notice of appeal and determined that this is a 'fast track' appeal.

The appellant has between 20 days and two months to file factums, depending on whether transcripts are required. Respondent has 30 days to reply. Then there is the hearing. Then the decision. Hearing probably won't take more than a few days tops, and its an open question how busy the ABCA is. Looking at the last dozen or so decisions out of the ABCA, seems that they average about two weeks to release a decision.

I suspect this will move relatively quick, which is to say at turtle speed rather than glacial. If we have a decision within 6 months I'd be surprised. But I honestly have no idea.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Regular
    Hi Cameron,

Based on the above commentary, I assume 'leave' is not required for appeals of ABQB decisions?

Do you have a copy of the AG's appeal filings, grounds for appeal?

Thanks,
    Rob

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DRA View Post
    Hi Cameron,

Based on the above commentary, I assume 'leave' is not required for appeals of ABQB decisions?

Do you have a copy of the AG's appeal filings, grounds for appeal?

Thanks,
    Rob
    I am utterly unfamiliar with ABCA appeals process. I believe you are correct that they can appeal directly and have done so.

I do not believe the AG has made or submitted their filings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    I am utterly unfamiliar with ABCA appeals process. I believe you are correct that they can appeal directly and have done so.

I do not believe the AG has made or submitted their filings yet.
    They always seem to wait until the very last day....almost like they want to prolong this as long as they can....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    They always seem to wait until the very last day....almost like they want to prolong this as long as they can....
    Yes. That has been their strategy from the outset. No procedural hurdle left off the table, no single point of law left unchallenged. No delay tactic withheld.

AGC in my case has refused repeatedly to even entertain an agreed statement of facts so we can minimize the points of contention in evidence.

The AGCs appeal to the superior court of a disclosure order on the grounds of cabinet privilege or public interest immunity just goes to show the absolute lengths to which the AGC will go to obstruct and delay in any conceivable way to prevent a hearing of the merits.

In Alberta the AGC argued vigourously that all of these cases are the same, should all be grouped together, and should all have the same outcome. As soon as the ABQB renders a decision unfavourable to them, all of a sudden all of these cases are distinguishable on the facts, and should be treated differently.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    I just read through the entire thread for the first time.

I am one of the people who immediately filed a S74, but unfortunately two fellas I work with had to drop their cases due to the time required to deal with the courts and military life. The fourth from our area was a flake and more interested in being noticed than fighting the AGC.

I have not given up. To give you a time line, my next court date is set 23 Sept of 2022 and this started in July of 2020. With Cameron SS's invaluable help I hope to make intelligent and effective arguments in front of a judge.

I have put in a request for everything the RCMP and CFC have with any attachment to myself. We'll see how big that file is after with about 30 years of being a licensed gun owner.

Good luck to those fighting, keep donating to those who aren't.

Many thanks to Cameron SS for everything he's been doing and the patience he has displayed for those of us who NEED to fight this.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrock View Post
    I just read through the entire thread for the first time.

I am one of the people who immediately filed a S74, but unfortunately two fellas I work with had to drop their cases due to the time required to deal with the courts and military life. The fourth from our area was a flake and more interested in being noticed than fighting the AGC.

I have not given up. To give you a time line, my next court date is set 23 Sept of 2022 and this started in July of 2020. With Cameron SS's invaluable help I hope to make intelligent and effective arguments in front of a judge.

I have put in a request for everything the RCMP and CFC have with any attachment to myself. We'll see how big that file is after with about 30 years of being a licensed gun owner.

Good luck to those fighting, keep donating to those who aren't.

Many thanks to Cameron SS for everything he's been doing and the patience he has displayed for those of us who NEED to fight this.
    Good on you.

Keep up the good fight. Dont be afraid to ask for help.

I can offer some here and there