Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: APC223 Restricted, APC308, GHM9-G are back to stock

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Sorry, but the whole M+M thing is a fine example, and there are probably many more we don’t know about.

I don’t care what anyone says, there is a hidden NR tax in Canada. North Sylvia proved it so
    Well, in the interests of fairness to "Karma", the M+M attempted gouge did "self-correct"....
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I can tell you that the average dealer makes less than a 10% markup on firearms sales. There is no gouging occurring at either the Distributor or Dealer level in Canada. I cannot speak to the manufacturers, however it is only the big names making international sales that are getting rich.

Inflation affects everything, including the sales of guns and ammo/components. I'm afraid that people falling behind in their earning power need to find another means of acquiring wealth, because "stuff" is NOT going to get cheaper, ever. That's a fact - the trajectory is ever upwards, currently over a 5% rate. There is nothing tangible to be gained from ####e-talking those who serve and service the firearms community.
    I have no problem with the pricing here. If someone doesn't want to pay swiss prices, buy a 180 pattern rifle. What's marks saying is probably true for firearms but I'm not sure that it's correct for the people bringing in powder and components. I find it hard to believe that the price to make a pound of Varget has gone up 5x in four years.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Everything Swiss is f--king expensive why would their firearms be any different? Christ, a Toblerone chocolate bar is like ten bucks!

If you want quality you gotta buck up. If you want cheap semis go buy another 180 clone... or an sks.

BTW, the GHM9 is the "cheapy" of the B&T products and is a darn good shooter from my experience. That said, I'm still on the fence for another semi .308. Torn between the B&T and the Tavor...

Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    Everything Swiss is f--king expensive why would their firearms be any different? Christ, a Toblerone chocolate bar is like ten bucks!

If you want quality you gotta buck up. If you want cheap semis go buy another 180 clone... or an sks.

BTW, the GHM9 is the "cheapy" of the B&T products and is a darn good shooter from my experience. That said, I'm still on the fence for another semi .308. Torn between the B&T and the Tavor...
    The APC308 is arguably the nicest semi-auto large-calibre rifle that I have ever fired. It is not necessarily the most accurate, as that honour goes to my Colt USA LE-901 "AR-10 Style" rifle which apparently has no sporting purpose despite out-grouping most precision bolt-action rifles. Nor is the APC308 the lightest-weight of the "battle rifle" genre, as that distinction still belongs to the lightweight original AR-10 rifle. That being said, the APC308 is plenty accurate (sub-MOA 5-round groups at 100m with 168gr FGMM ammo) and not too heavy so long as you don't load it down with a bipod, flashlight, etc. A lightweight optic is about all you'd want to add if you intend to walk around in the woods hunting with the APC308. Reliabililty with numerous different brands of commercial ammo as well as South African surplus has been exceptional - 100%, so nothing to complain about in that important regard. Perceived recoil is light for .308, no doubt a combined function of the rifle's weight as well as its patented Hydraulic Buffer.

Depending on what you have now, I would likely still highly recommend giving the APC308 a serious look. They are a fine shooter and a genuine work of the firearms designer and manufacturers' art.

Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    The APC308 is arguably the nicest semi-auto large-calibre rifle that I have ever fired. It is not necessarily the most accurate, as that honour goes to my Colt USA LE-901 "AR-10 Style" rifle which apparently has no sporting purpose despite out-grouping most precision bolt-action rifles. Nor is the APC308 the lightest-weight of the "battle rifle" genre, as that distinction still belongs to the lightweight original AR-10 rifle. That being said, the APC308 is plenty accurate (sub-MOA 5-round groups at 100m with 168gr FGMM ammo) and not too heavy so long as you don't load it down with a bipod, flashlight, etc. A lightweight optic is about all you'd want to add if you intend to walk around in the woods hunting with the APC308. Reliabililty with numerous different brands of commercial ammo as well as South African surplus has been exceptional - 100%, so nothing to complain about in that important regard. Perceived recoil is light for .308, no doubt a combined function of the rifle's weight as well as its patented Hydraulic Buffer.

Depending on what you have now, I would likely still highly recommend giving the APC308 a serious look. They are a fine shooter and a genuine work of the firearms designer and manufacturers' art.
    Yer twisting my rubber arm there Mark lol. The Swiss itch has to be scratched regularly.
    All my .308 semis are in the penalty box and I had high hopes for my custom Stag 10 which has never seen the light of day thanks to the Turd.
    I shot a friends .308 Tavor. So-so accurate and more than a bit obnoxious with the muzzle blast. Maybe due to the barrel being so much closer to the shooter I suspect. (Muzzle break doesn't go past range bench side baffles?)

CGN Regular
    No gouging? Are you serious? There is an evident gouging. Just make the exercice to look at the prices before OIC and prices after it. Can someone explain me how the Sks went from 180$ to 500$ in not even 3 years (just taking a simple exemple here). There is definitely someone taking advantage of the Gouging happening in Canada, and it’s not us, the gun community.

Quote Originally Posted by Carton775 View Post
    No gouging? Are you serious? There is an evident gouging. Just make the exercice to look at the prices before OIC and prices after it. Can someone explain me how the Sks went from 180$ to 500$ in not even 3 years (just taking a simple exemple here). There is definitely someone taking advantage of the Gouging happening in Canada, and it’s not us, the gun community.
    Didn’t Ford put a link out for people to report price gouging? He did but don’t know if this eligible.

However, the only way to bring the prices down is for people to not buying them.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

CGN Regular
    …….
    Last edited by gvanzeggelaar; 03-27-2022 at 08:23 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Didn’t Ford put a link out for people to report price gouging? He did but don’t know if this eligible.

However, the only way to bring the prices down is for people to not buying them.
    Seriosly?!? This has got to be the most absured thing I have ever heard. Don't like the price so you want to report it to the govt!?!?!?
    LMAO
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Basically you need to pay to play. Can’t afford B&T or can afford them but don’t want to pay them, then there are so many options out there that much cheaper. Would the same people stand around and complaining why certain car brand names cost so much? I don’t think so. They will buy other cars instead. We don’t need the ability to buy B&T to grow the sport. If you can buy a remington or mossberg you are already growing the sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Seriosly?!? This has got to be the most absured thing I have ever heard. Don't like the price so you want to report it to the govt!?!?!?
    LMAO
    Look at my previous post here. I am not suggesting to report it to Ford. Lol
    LMAO Relax. I was thinking out loud about a website that Ford set up.
    But, like everything else, you gotta pay to play. Otherwise, don’t play
    Last edited by bacardi; 03-27-2022 at 12:08 PM.
    One gun or more per citizen keep tyranny at bay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast