Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Epps is not EMT friendly

Big Bubba. To inform potential customers to not waste their time if they are attempting to pay by EMT.

I've had too terrible experiences with staff there. I haven't stepped foot in their shops in over 5 years. Plenty of options in and around the GTA to shop at that have basic customer service. Vote with your wallet and shop elsewhere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Let me fix that for you “Epps is not Friendly” you don’t need the extra letters in there.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I am very confused. Why the #### would Wes WANT to pay credit card fees?

EMTs cost at best a dollar or two? Credit card fees on a $500 gun are what, $10 give or take?
    What Suther said....time is money.
    Why have a POS platform and then decide to go another route?

Plus...unlike you and me who do 1 or 2 EMT a day, a store that big could easily do 1000 CC transactions a day, all handled by their Point of Sale platform.
    So no work involved in checking to see what orders were paid. The computer does everything.

Suddenly there are 1000 EMT's coming in. Even with auto deposit, a person would have to open each email, and then try to reconcile the emails to the orders.

So John Smith has an email name "Redbaron911@gmail" and some one has to figure out that's for John Smith's order...
    Plus most banks only allow $3000 per EMT and if I wanted to buy a $4K item I would have to send 2 EMT over 2 days.
    So multiply that by a bunch and you can easily see how mix ups can occur and then we would be reading posts about how the order was mixed up...

Next add in refunds - so instead of crediting your CC account they have to send you an EMT. So some one has to manually do that.

Its not hard to see why some places want to deal with CC only....
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post

Plus...unlike you and me who do 1 or 2 EMT a day, a store that big could easily do 1000 CC transactions a day, all handled by their Point of Sale platform.
    So no work involved in checking to see what orders were paid. The computer does everything.

Suddenly there are 1000 EMT's coming in. Even with auto deposit, a person would have to open each email, and then try to reconcile the emails to the orders.

So John Smith has an email name "Redbaron911@gmail" and some one has to figure out that's for John Smith's order...
    Plus most banks only allow $3000 per EMT and if I wanted to buy a $4K item I would have to send 2 EMT over 2 days.
    So multiply that by a bunch and you can easily see how mix ups can occur and then we would be reading posts about how the order was mixed up...

Next add in refunds - so instead of crediting your CC account they have to send you an EMT. So some one has to manually do that.

I have troubles believing the amount of trouble EMT causes is not outweighed by the CC fees they're paying. If the OP was looking to spend $1k, thats an easy $20+, or more than an hours wages for most retail employees. If this was an industry where most customers only spend $20, then I can absolutely see how the CC would be easier to deal with, but we're talking guns where $1k is not even a big purchase and a lot of the time returning an item isn't even an option, you have to go through a warranty centre to get it dealt with.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post

Is it about the potential hassles for yourvbusiness or about making it easy for the customer to purchase your product?
    Rust Never Sleeps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Having an item in your cart online is not AT ALL the same as having it in your hand in a store. That's just not how web based sales works. You can leave an item in your cart indefinitely- do you expect them to hold an item for someone that adds it, then ####s off for a week? If you stood in the store with a gun in your hand for hours like a weirdo, you'd at least have to leave at the end of the day and give it back.

You witnessed a policy change, they're allowed to do that. Nothing improper happened, based on your account of things.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

It was about an $1100 order by the way.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Very odd as I have cut deals with gun stores BY PAYING VIA EMT rather than cc...

Not sure why Epps would want the cc vs EMT in this case?
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Regular
    Why would anyone want to pay by emt versus credit card? Credit card's have cash back, travel rewards, $0 financing plans, fraud protection, chargeback, etc. Treat it like a debit card, and pay it off after making a purchase. There's no benefit from using emt as a consumer, unless the seller will offer you some sort of discount, which most don't.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast