Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Epps is not EMT friendly

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael94 View Post
    Why would anyone want to pay by emt versus credit card? Credit card's have cash back, travel rewards, $0 financing plans, fraud protection, chargeback, etc. Treat it like a debit card, and pay it off after making a purchase. There's no benefit from using emt as a consumer, unless the seller will offer you some sort of discount, which most don't.
    However some retailers charge a surplus if you are paying by credit card.

We had no emt a few year back and nobody complained paying by cc.
    Stop complaining for nothing. There is absolutely no obligation for any merchant to offer emt.
    It’s not to your liking..move on.

Any fees a merchant occurs is passed along to clients..thats the only way to stay in business.

Bunch of cry babies..

$1100 is a small order in my opinion.

In the future if an order is getting sorted and you've got through on the phone ask them to pull the item from stock while it gets worked out.

I've had my issues with Epps but overall they are good.
    Who would throw sh!t at a fan anyways?

CGN Regular
    OP. Thank you.
    I appreciate you letting me know about the policy change.
    I agree with your analogy items in your electronic cart should be treated like items in your physical cart. There are many ways to systematically manage people leaving items in a cart and walking away.
    Basic rule of business - take care of your customers or someone else will.
    Some retailers actually give a discount for paying via EMT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    a lot of the time returning an item isn't even an option, you have to go through a warranty centre to get it dealt with.
    Just FYI...
    Returning an unsatisfactory item is ALWAYS an option if you pay with VISA, regardless of what the store policy is.
    Their agreement with VISA stipulates that in writing.

I personally purchased a approx $2K firearm from a site sponsor and it arrived unsatisfactory. Not use able..
    We spoke, at first they said warranty centre, I said "VISA?" they said "we will send you a shipping label and refund you when it arrives" and they did.
    And I didn't post anything on CGN because there was no need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibe View Post
    Is it about the potential hassles for your business or about making it easy for the customer to purchase your product?
    CC is simple. In fact could not be simpler. For me anyway. YMMV

Personally I think what started this is more about :
    a) not wanting the wife to know I bought something else on VISA....and
    b) I'm upset someone else bought what I wanted... and now its gone..

I could be wrong.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quaticman View Post
    However some retailers charge a surplus if you are paying by credit card.
    That is typically a violation of the credit card processors' terms of service... Not saying nobody does it, but they're certainly not supposed to...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael94 View Post
    Why would anyone want to pay by emt versus credit card? Credit card's have cash back, travel rewards, $0 financing plans, fraud protection, chargeback, etc. Treat it like a debit card, and pay it off after making a purchase. There's no benefit from using emt as a consumer, unless the seller will offer you some sort of discount, which most don't.
    There are lots of reasons to want to use EMT. Maxed out card. Not having a card at all. Not wanting to tip off your wife to the purchase. I'm sure others can think of more...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    Just FYI...
    Returning an unsatisfactory item is ALWAYS an option if you pay with VISA, regardless of what the store policy is.
    Their agreement with VISA stipulates that in writing.

I personally purchased a approx $2K firearm from a site sponsor and it arrived unsatisfactory. Not use able..
    We spoke, at first they said warranty centre, I said "VISA?" they said "we will send you a shipping label and refund you when it arrives" and they did.
    And I didn't post anything on CGN because there was no need to.

CC is simple. In fact could not be simpler. For me anyway. YMMV

Personally I think what started this is more about :
    a) not wanting the wife to know I bought something else on VISA....and
    b) I'm upset someone else bought what I wanted... and now its gone..

I could be wrong.
    Considering that item wouldn't have been gone if the guy on the phone originally said "Sorry, we don't do EMT anymore", rather than directing him to the webstore, I would be upset too. Its not the OP's fault that the staff is ignorant of their policy regarding EMT.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Exactly. “We don’t do EMT anymore”. Would have been fine. Done.

agreed. done.

how about a thread title: Epps doesn't take EMT anymore... simple.

I have had gun stores do me solids before when I ask politely... if I were to ##### about every little quark in the business I doubt any would be willing to pull strings for me in thr future.

little tip on bridge burning I learned over the years.

You aren't out any money either that is good. If you absolutely need to keep buying things on credit then maybe get a second card the wife doesn't know about. Thats what I do
    I'm getting pretty tired I think i'll go hit the sack... Then maybe go to bed

Can you not pay by Visa debit or Mastercard debit from bank account?
    "...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

VOTED SEPT 12 CPC

Epps is not perfect but who is. It’s still a family run business and they do there best. I have supported them for many years and they will continue to get my buisness.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast