Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 45-70

45-70

Have you guys ever tried your hand at 45-70 reloads? Just curious if that is something that could come up in the future. Thanks!
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sure, you just have to make sure your not using data meant for a Ruger #1 in an old rifle that isn't designed to handle the pressure.
    8 years now and nothing is built, nothing is back and nothing is better.

yes and it's pretty easy to do, you can buy a Lee Loader and some supplies and it drops the price of the round significantly

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Also be aware Hornady leverevolution brass is longer than all the other 45-70 brass, don’t mix them.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

I have owner up to seven 45-70 's at one time and have made thousands upon thousands of loads for everything from my Ruger #1 to my trapdoor with bullet from 300 to 525 grains in jacketed and cast, it is one of the easiest cartridges to load for and the brass can last almost forever.

I like using black powder in them. Even if 70 stands for grains by volume, it takes about 55-60 volume grains of the substitute. Nice mild recoil and cheap reloading. Also mild recipe for old rifle is available for the H4190 powder

CGN Regular
    Hey Folks, I think the OP is asking Western Metals if they would add 45-70 to their remanufactured ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Derv View Post
    Hey Folks, I think the OP is asking Western Metals if they would add 45-70 to their remanufactured ammo.
    Um.... yes, I thought that was obvious In the event it was not, yes was hoping WM will make some for bulk sale.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    Also be aware Hornady leverevolution brass is longer than all the other 45-70 brass, don’t mix them.
    Don't you mean short?

Quote Originally Posted by stuckon308 View Post
    Don't you mean short?
    ^^ right
    There you have it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast