Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X95 rEcCe Rifle!

Rectum! It damn near killed him.
    Space for rent.

CGN Regular
    overkill on the scope x95 excels at 0-200 but, 300 is pushing it. Set up looks cool though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri_Wolverine View Post
    No thanks I'm waiting for marriage

That configuration with the mag, unloaded of course, was 12 lbs. Which is quite a bit but due to the bullpup format it balanced quite well and didn't feel like it weighed as much as it did. However on a long hike I'm pretty sure my legs wouldn't care how well balanced it was haha
    She THICC
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Nice gun nice feet, maybe better if you put on some slippers lol

I used to have a similar setup on my old Tavor. Negligible accuracy gains with a 1-6x optic but very noticeable weight gain. At most i'd use a smaller fixed power optic up to 4x (or an elcan 1-4). Another weight saving measure is either a grip pod (specifically the IDF issue CAA BPP) for the x95 or the podium bipod for the Tar.

One of my Tavors uses an Acog TA31, the rest have red dots. I'll never go beyond that again.

Delete
    Last edited by Suq Madiq Trudeau; 05-31-2022 at 05:50 PM.
    CCFR
    (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Business Member
    Cold and unforgiving Siberian tundra fighting bears with my bare hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf_3063 View Post
    Hey Yuri,

I am giving serious consideration to this scope for a DMR-ish type rifle. I am also considering some LPVO/MPVO options from Primary Arms (PLx 1-8/GLx 2-10 ACSS), Trijicon (Credo 2.5-10x) and EOTech (Vudu 1-10x)...I can find reviews on all but the Helos.
    Would you mind giving this thing a full-blown review? I am curious to how it stacks up, how tough it is, etc.

I think if more people knew about these scopes, more people would buy them - I like the look of the features and price, and what few reviews of the brand I have found have very little bad to say. But this is the very scope I am considering...

...pretty please with sugar on top.
    Primary Arms I haven't looked though I suspect this will be the main competitor to the Athlon as they have very similar specs. In my mind the advantage the Athlon has is the warranty is handled in country by us and I don't know who I would talk to about problems with Primary Arms ( I fully admit bias on this point so I'm sure my opinion is worth every penny you paid for it). That's not to say there is anything wrong with primary arms however It looks like a decent optic. Both the Credo and the Vudu will punch in a higher weight class as far as overall build and glass quality no doubt. However there is some drawbacks, the Credo lacks locking turrets (if that matters to you) and the Vudu doesn't have parallax adjustment and I've read online that the eyebox isn't as good as most 2-10 scopes. 1-10 also tend to have 34mm tubes vs 30mm.

Not really quite a review as you asked for but maybe we can look into doing something like this in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    If not mentioned yet… please ass the B@T Rotex Blast deflector…. They are amazingly built and you already have the flash hider.
    Yes I really should add one of those to my repertoire!

Quote Originally Posted by BioPace View Post
    No spray paint, metal QD swivels. Yu'r gonna get kilt for sure.
    That front end didn' come spruce green from the factory! Thats good ol' rustoleum! True about the swivels though...

Quote Originally Posted by CyprusTM View Post
    129$ Optimus forend
    We can get them as of the writing of this message they are $134.99.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    Odd choices for mounting the optic - cantilever mount and riser. Why? There are better, and lighter, options.
    Because the X95 generally needs a higher optic mount than you typically need on an AR type platform. a 1.93" height optic would probably be preferable but I didn't have any handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytitan View Post
    overkill on the scope x95 excels at 0-200 but, 300 is pushing it. Set up looks cool though
    Depends on your targets I suppose. Lets say your getting 3moa groups roughly. Thats still a 15" group at 500 yards (excluding external wind factors) which is still a good hit on a man sized target.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesayat View Post
    I used to have a similar setup on my old Tavor. Negligible accuracy gains with a 1-6x optic but very noticeable weight gain. At most i'd use a smaller fixed power optic up to 4x (or an elcan 1-4). Another weight saving measure is either a grip pod (specifically the IDF issue CAA BPP) for the x95 or the podium bipod for the Tar. One of my Tavors uses an Acog TA31, the rest have red dots. I'll never go beyond that again.
    It really is hard to justify the extra weight over a prism and a piggy backed red dot. But its fun to try new things!

No socks no service

Business Member
    Cold and unforgiving Siberian tundra fighting bears with my bare hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    No socks no service

10/10 would bang.
    We are no longer accepting things we cannot change.
    Its now time to change the things we cannot accept.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast