Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Shipping update! UPS no longer accepting firearms

UPS lost a 12ga shotgun my brother ordered like a month ago, maybe that didn't help the case. He's still in process of knowing where the package is at/if they will find it... pretty sure they don't like having to work with local police to find it back i guess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsg0040 View Post
    Canpar, now UPS

Is Canada Post/Purolator the only option left for regular folks?
    So, essentially the two sh!ttest shipping provisers are no longer shipping firearms. Fine by me. Apparently a pandemic was good enough reason for them to start dropping packages on my front steps that had signature required selected.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    So, essentially the two sh!ttest shipping provisers are no longer shipping firearms. Fine by me. Apparently a pandemic was good enough reason for them to start dropping packages on my front steps that had signature required selected.
    The apathy displayed by couriers, literally some of the laziest and most entitled people I've ever encountered, in Canada is a legitimate public safety issue. Yet, where does all the blame go? To the gun, instead of the useless piece of crap who abdicated his responsibilities (that he is being paid for) and couldn't be bothered to knock and left a signature required/proof of age package unsecured on a doorstep.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

The only courrier that seem to work are those providing services to Amazon…the others including CP are just crap, hit and misses.
    They want the work of Amazon so they behave or they will be kicked out…but no incentives to do it right for the others..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    The only courrier that seem to work are those providing services to Amazon…the others including CP are just crap, hit and misses.
    They want the work of Amazon so they behave or they will be kicked out…but no incentives to do it right for the others..
    Forget doctors, nurses, police/fire/EMS... the Amazon drivers were the true heroes of the pandemic.

"What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?"
    - Sheep, Pink Floyd

Go to your local post office and sign a “ non delivery “ form. They won’t deliver any parcels to your residence,way safer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    UPS will not ship ammo to my door, as they have to hand it off to a 3rd party. I have everything shipped to a local UPS drop at a business in town. Would that in theory be B2B?
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Supporting Dealer Al Flaherty's's Avatar
    2066 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6E3R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    So does this mean we can use business names that are attached to our personal addresses? Or is it just to Firearms Business Licensed addresses?
    Yes this would be acceptable. You'll have to request your preference for UPS shipment in the notes, as our checkout is blocking the UPS option for orders that include firearms. Note this is only for non-restricted firearms, for restricted it'll need to be shipped to a post office or a registered address.

Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    UPS will not ship ammo to my door, as they have to hand it off to a 3rd party. I have everything shipped to a local UPS drop at a business in town. Would that in theory be B2B?
    Not allowed unfortunately:

Origins and destinations must be serviced by UPS Brown operations – shipments to or from OSP areas are not permitted
    • No direct shipping to a UPS Access Point location

We've been told that also includes the stores.

This policy is supposed to be Canada wide for all firearms retailers in Canada that have a UPS contract, and not just us.
    Team Al Flaherty's
    www.alflahertys.com
    info@alflahertys.com
    416-651-6436
    Toll free 1-888-651-6436
    Follow us on Twitter @Al Flaherty's
    Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/al_flahertys/

UPS once left a firearm at the edge of my driveway, basically on the road. ID and signature was required.
    Live in the country on a road basically only travelled on by locals, but my driveway is more like a road, 500’ long with a bend that blocks the view from the house

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Can you ship business to business for a customer?
    example - send my firearm to a store near me (that is not necessarily a gun store but gets UPS)
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for how you misinterpret or misunderstand what I say

Good reading comprehension skill is an important life skill !!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast