Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Shipping update! UPS no longer accepting firearms

Supporting Dealer Al Flaherty's's Avatar
    2066 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6E3R6

Exclamation Firearms Shipping update! UPS no longer accepting firearms

Unfortunately the title isn't deceiving. We've been informed that UPS will not be accepting firearms shipments to residential customers. We will still be able to ship business to business using UPS, but not to our customers.

Any order's for firearms currently being processed that had requested UPS will be shipped Canada Post instead.

We've been trying to get an explanation from UPS, but have not gotten a response back as to why.

Below is the guidance we were sent, we'll highlight some of the important bits.

UPS Canada Firearms and Ammunition Acceptance Guidelines (Updated February 8, 2022)
    Applicable to Firearms and Ammunition
    • Shipper must be Pre - approved / contracted through Marketing
    • Shipper must be a licensed dealer or distributor
    • Domestic shipments only
    • Origins and destinations must be serviced by UPS Brown operations – shipments to or from OSP areas are not permitted
    • No direct shipping to a UPS Access Point location
    • All shipments are shipped at Shipper’s Risk (Automatic $100 coverage and Declared Value are not available unless approved by Security and specified in
    the Pre - approval contract. UPS Capital insurance may also be available.)
    • Shipper must use a UPS Automated Shipping System
    • Shipper must be set up on a Scheduled Pickup Account (Daily, Day Specific, On - route or Smart pickup); On - call pickup of firearm or ammunition
    shipments is not permitted
    • Firearms and ammunition may not be shipped in the same package
    Additional for Firearms
    • A unique firearms - only account number must be used for packages containing a firearm
    • Only Restricted Firearms and Non - Restricted Firearms as defined by federal firearm laws and regulations are permitted
    • Only business - to - business shipments are permitted; personal shipments are prohibited
    • UPS Adult Signature Required service is required on every package
    • A multipiece firearm shipment can only consist of packages that contain a firearm
    • A package containing a firearm can include other items in the package excluding ammunition
    • All shipments are also subject to the laws and regulations described on the Canada Firearms Program website
    Additional for Ammunition
    • Ammunition shipments can only be shipped via UPS Standard service
    • Ammunition can only be accepted if prepared under Canada’s Transport of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDGR) Special Case 1.31 for Class 1.4s
    explosives UN0012 and UN0014 (excluding shipment to Newfoundland) or, Special Provision 125 for Class 1.4s explosives UN0012, UN 0014 and UN0055.
    All other Class 1.4s explosives are prohibited.
    Team Al Flaherty's
    www.alflahertys.com
    info@alflahertys.com
    416-651-6436
    Toll free 1-888-651-6436
    Follow us on Twitter @Al Flaherty's
    Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/al_flahertys/

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Probably got tired of hearing that the package that wasn't supposed to be left on the porch - was left on the porch.....

Couldn't you just say the package is golf clubs or a fishing rod?

But they still do ammunition to residences?

CGN frequent flyer
    Canpar, now UPS

Is Canada Post/Purolator the only option left for regular folks?

I have serious concerns about CP shipping firearms. A restricted firearm was left at my door for hours the other day unattended. I had no idea it was delivered. No one knocked. No signature was given to release it. The tracking said out for delivery all day until the evening hours when it was updated delivered which caused me to check. It was just left at my door fully visible to the street. Does CP skip the required signature for anyone else?

ups is weird... I get ammo via ups from some sellers, but not allowed from others

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsl333 View Post
    I have serious concerns about CP shipping firearms. A restricted firearm was left at my door for hours the other day unattended. I had no idea it was delivered. No one knocked. No signature was given to release it. The tracking said out for delivery all day until the evening hours when it was updated delivered which caused me to check. It was just left at my door fully visible to the street. Does CP skip the required signature for anyone else?
    Whoever shipped it didn't ship it the right way, got to use proof of age. That sends the package to the post office, you show up with card in hand and provide to ID to retrieve package.

delete
    Last edited by danastles; 06-16-2022 at 12:31 PM.

CGN Regular
    True statement there folks.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast