CGN frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0

Attachments

• Hodgdon H1000 Smokeless Powder – 1lb.jpg
    Hodgdon H1000 Smokeless Powder – 1lb.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 2,299
cabelas had it this morning, check their site daily as they are slowly stocking up on powder, this morning was Varget, H4350 and H1000......
just remember the gougers when things settle down.........and wish them well in their new business ventures......

Theres definately been a few stores gouging and taking advantage of shortages, but shoppers will remember and the short term gains will be very costly long term in regards to reputations via social media….just my $.02. Shipping costs as well make online purchases less appealing.

cabelas had it this morning, check their site daily as they are slowly stocking up on powder, this morning was Varget, H4350 and H1000......
just remember the gougers when things settle down.........and wish them well in their new business ventures......

Very well said!

At stupid prices none the less.
People are desperate.
Things aren’t going to get any better I’m sure lol

Stupid price? With fuel where its at, I'm sure they sold it for $10/lb profit cause it costs so much to get it there.
You'll be wishing all powder was $75/lb in a year. In 2014 powder was $29.99/lb, and before covid took over in 2020 it was $59.99. No "price gouging" just inflation. Even 6 months ago I bought H1000 for $59.99/lb, and the 3 weeks ago when I went to my local honey hole he got more in, and it was $65.99/lb. He just said his cost went up, so he has to adjust accordingly.

Im gunna stand up for the auction place most guys on here know and speak about. That place doesn't so reserves. The price is strictly what you are willing to pay as a buyer, and they will ship it for $70 flat rate, no matter how much powder/ammo you have. And if you put something in the auction and you get an in-store credit, its no "cash" outta your pocket. So guys are willing to spend $200/lb on Retumbo, H1000 etc cause 1) Its a credit, doesn't hurt their bank acct and 2) nobody has it, and when they do its gone in 15 mins.
So don't bash the company for someone else's will to pay. They take their commission from the item and rest goes to the seller.

The auction site can go ##### themselves , will never support them, are they buying from other retailers and auctioning it off? Are some retailers playing a part in it? Yes, remember them when supplies are back , screw them

The auction site can go ##### themselves , will never support them, are they buying from other retailers and auctioning it off? Are some retailers playing a part in it? Yes, remember them when supplies are back , screw them

At first I thought similar to you but they're just putting the stuff up for auction, right? No reserve and people bid what they are willing to pay. It's the idiots who pay that much that you should be mad at. They're pumping the prices up. If someone wants to pay me $200/lb of powder I'll take it. That's like putting your SKS for sale for $400 and someone tells you they'll give you $1500 for it.

Exactly.

If a powder is posted here it is probably in stock somewhere else too.

At first I thought similar to you but they're just putting the stuff up for auction, right? No reserve and people bid what they are willing to pay. It's the idiots who pay that much that you should be mad at. They're pumping the prices up. If someone wants to pay me $200/lb of powder I'll take it. That's like putting your SKS for sale for $400 and someone tells you they'll give you $1500 for it.

they are buying other retailers out, and then putting it up on their own auction, this is not private individuals sending their powder in to be auctioned off, they are also buying up all the primers and doing the same..........

they are buying other retailers out, and then putting it up on their own auction, this is not private individuals sending their powder in to be auctioned off, they are also buying up all the primers and doing the same..........

Well that's not cool. I was not aware.

Back
Top Bottom