Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hodgdon H1000 Back in Stock!

CGN Regular
    Gone in 2 minutes from time I got email?? What stock?

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    At stupid prices none the less.
    People are desperate.
    Things aren’t going to get any better I’m sure lol
    Stupid price? With fuel where its at, I'm sure they sold it for $10/lb profit cause it costs so much to get it there.
    You'll be wishing all powder was $75/lb in a year. In 2014 powder was $29.99/lb, and before covid took over in 2020 it was $59.99. No "price gouging" just inflation. Even 6 months ago I bought H1000 for $59.99/lb, and the 3 weeks ago when I went to my local honey hole he got more in, and it was $65.99/lb. He just said his cost went up, so he has to adjust accordingly.

Im gunna stand up for the auction place most guys on here know and speak about. That place doesn't so reserves. The price is strictly what you are willing to pay as a buyer, and they will ship it for $70 flat rate, no matter how much powder/ammo you have. And if you put something in the auction and you get an in-store credit, its no "cash" outta your pocket. So guys are willing to spend $200/lb on Retumbo, H1000 etc cause 1) Its a credit, doesn't hurt their bank acct and 2) nobody has it, and when they do its gone in 15 mins.
    So don't bash the company for someone else's will to pay. They take their commission from the item and rest goes to the seller.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same. Thats why life is hard.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Which auction?
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    Which auction?
    sent you a PM to keep it out of rangeview's forum
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    The auction site can go ##### themselves , will never support them, are they buying from other retailers and auctioning it off? Are some retailers playing a part in it? Yes, remember them when supplies are back , screw them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    The auction site can go ##### themselves , will never support them, are they buying from other retailers and auctioning it off? Are some retailers playing a part in it? Yes, remember them when supplies are back , screw them
    At first I thought similar to you but they're just putting the stuff up for auction, right? No reserve and people bid what they are willing to pay. It's the idiots who pay that much that you should be mad at. They're pumping the prices up. If someone wants to pay me $200/lb of powder I'll take it. That's like putting your SKS for sale for $400 and someone tells you they'll give you $1500 for it.

One man's lipstick on a pig is another's prom queen.

Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    cabelas had it this morning, check their site daily as they are slowly stocking up on powder, this morning was Varget, H4350 and H1000......
    just remember the gougers when things settle down.........and wish them well in their new business ventures......
    Exactly.

If a powder is posted here it is probably in stock somewhere else too.
    CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yodave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckon308 View Post
    At first I thought similar to you but they're just putting the stuff up for auction, right? No reserve and people bid what they are willing to pay. It's the idiots who pay that much that you should be mad at. They're pumping the prices up. If someone wants to pay me $200/lb of powder I'll take it. That's like putting your SKS for sale for $400 and someone tells you they'll give you $1500 for it.
    they are buying other retailers out, and then putting it up on their own auction, this is not private individuals sending their powder in to be auctioned off, they are also buying up all the primers and doing the same..........
    If you private message me and don't get a reply within 24 hours there is a good chance you've earned a spot on my ignore list

Friends don't let friends drive fords

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    they are buying other retailers out, and then putting it up on their own auction, this is not private individuals sending their powder in to be auctioned off, they are also buying up all the primers and doing the same..........
    Well that's not cool. I was not aware.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast