Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hodgdon H1000 Back in Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    Which auction?
    In Saskatoon.
    CCFR member

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by yodave View Post
    they are buying other retailers out, and then putting it up on their own auction, this is not private individuals sending their powder in to be auctioned off, they are also buying up all the primers and doing the same..........
    This is news to me, I know I have personally sent a large amount of H1000 there as I had more then enough to last me my lifetime. If this is true, they just lost a customer whos dealt with them since day 1. I wont rob this thread anymore, but thats a real low move on their part
    Last edited by hunter-4-life; 03-10-2022 at 12:18 AM.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same. Thats why life is hard.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter-4-life View Post
    This is news to me, I know I have personally sent a large amount of H1000 there as I had more then enough to last me my lifetime. If this is true, they just lost a customer whos dealt with them since day 1. I wont rob this thread anymore, but thats a real low move on their part
    There’s literally zero evidence of it. Seems silly for a business to rely on other retailers to get product in high demand, try to get that product before customers do (tough because I know how us CGN’ers are!), pay the retail price+tax+shipping just to hope that it sells for a crazy price at auction and maybe make 30$-50$. Not much more than standard markup.

People just need to give their head a shake.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Definitely not the case…I’ve been there and seen an sks on the shelf and a used one in the auction for more than double, and also bullets that were stacked in their shelves go for at least 50% more than the store price. It’s auction mentality, and also a great place to sell unwanted guns/components. There is always about 10-20 pounds of powder listed on there which is more than a lot of some retailers have! If someone wants something more than you and is willing to pay a premium for pit, and you think powder is expensive at 75$ a pound you are in for a very rude awakening!!! The cost of everything is going up and not coming down, it’s inflation, it’s simple, and it’s ####ty. Just because someone has something that you don’t doesn’t make them a thief!

What auction site?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter-4-life View Post
    Stupid price? With fuel where its at, I'm sure they sold it for $10/lb profit cause it costs so much to get it there.
    You'll be wishing all powder was $75/lb in a year. In 2014 powder was $29.99/lb, and before covid took over in 2020 it was $59.99. No "price gouging" just inflation. Even 6 months ago I bought H1000 for $59.99/lb, and the 3 weeks ago when I went to my local honey hole he got more in, and it was $65.99/lb. He just said his cost went up, so he has to adjust accordingly.

Im gunna stand up for the auction place most guys on here know and speak about. That place doesn't so reserves. The price is strictly what you are willing to pay as a buyer, and they will ship it for $70 flat rate, no matter how much powder/ammo you have. And if you put something in the auction and you get an in-store credit, its no "cash" outta your pocket. So guys are willing to spend $200/lb on Retumbo, H1000 etc cause 1) Its a credit, doesn't hurt their bank acct and 2) nobody has it, and when they do its gone in 15 mins.
    So don't bash the company for someone else's will to pay. They take their commission from the item and rest goes to the seller.
    What auctions site?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123